Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another exhaust decision; Need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Stash
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another exhaust decision; Need opinions

Man its tough deciding on an exhaust in the winter, when you can't hear them (at least here in the north.) Even in the fall when I could hear them, they sound different in the parking lot at bike nite, than at 70mph. I have an 07 Ultra, true dual headers, stage 1, tuner etc. Had Bassani's. After a couple of hours of riding they were to loudand couldn't hear the radio.Got rid of them. Readingothers opinons here in the forum,I thought I had it narrowed down to a set of Kerkers or a set of Rush with 1.75 baffles. I want it to sound like a Harley, but it's a tourer. I want to mellow out at hear the radio at speed not the pipes. I've owned sportsters with straight pipes and softtails with nearly straight pipes and I'm beyond the "how loud can I get it stage."Plus I'm old...or at least my ears are.Just as I though I had my mind made up the stealer decided to push me toward a set of Screaming Eagles #64903-99. The older ones. He has a couple of sets left, but he's not offering me any super great deal, but they are cheaper than Kerker or Rush. I know HD sold a lot of these pipes so give me your opinions. Mellow enough to hear the radio without cranking it up? Loud enough to sound like a Harley? OR....should I get back to the Kerker-----Rush debate???

Old 01-10-2007, 07:03 PM
roadkingbigjoe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Another exhaust decision; Need opinions

I really like my SE slash down.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:04 PM
BTD
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have those very pipes on my 07 RKC and am very pleased with them. Nice bark when you step on it but mellow rumble at cruise. They are perfect for me-not annoyingly loud with harleyesque sound.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:06 PM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rush 2' baffles are perfect if you don't want too loud. I have them but have the 2.25' on the way as I need a little louder. Guess I am going deaf in my old age?

I couldn't make a decision like that unless I could hear the pipes. Fly to a place the weather is good and listen to the pipes at a nearby stealer or just hold off til spring. You can't ride anyway...

Ride safe,

Old 01-10-2007, 07:07 PM
GreighWolf
Road Captain

Judging from the part number, they are probably Screaming Eagle II slip ons. I had a set on my sporty and they were loud. The new ones have been much quieter this year. I have a set of Vance & Hines oval slip ons on my RKC and they aren't over bearing.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:29 PM
sbbrown
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the SE slipons on an 06 Ultra, they sound great when you get on it, and you can still enjoy the tunes when your cruising.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:03 PM
IceHeritage
Road Master

I have the Screaming Eagle II Performance (Older SE) and i love them, they are quite enough to hear the Stereo when Cruzzin and Loud enough to let Cagers know you are there

Old 01-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Stash
Tourer

I forgot to mention I am keeping the Bassani header pipes. I don't know if the "true duals" and stage 1 adds to the exhaust note or not, but the stealer says it will cool the bike down.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:18 PM
todd6751
Cruiser

Rush with 1.75 baffles is good for me. Just put them on and have only ridden about 6 miles (it's cold here) I love the low tone at idle and it didn't seem too loud at cruizin speed.

Old 01-10-2007, 10:25 PM
ndotken
Road Captain

I have the Rush slipons with 2.25" baffles. I've been very pleased with them ... they have a good low rumble at idle but are pretty mellow at cruise speed.