Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 AM
fat daddy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Save your money and go to sturgis. Bike week is one big cluster €¥£<¥.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:29 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Lock your bike up well!!! Alot of bikes stolen at bike week...
Dont park illegal anywhere... last few times down there guys got tickets..even when they shouldnt have.Pay it or go to court..Yea court,,like thats gonna happen...
Have a good time..Its a great time..

Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with these other posts, but I also recommend a couple of hours at the flea market behind the raceway.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 AM
iglideUC
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cabbage Patch and get your slaw on!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fat daddy
Save your money and go to sturgis. Bike week is one big cluster €¥£<¥.
And Sturgis isn't? Lol.
ALL bike rally's are one big €¥£<¥!!!

First time??
Gotta do Main Street Friday or Saturday night at least once. Maybe ride it once and park. More fun "people watching". LOTS to watch!!
While on Main Street, gotta do Froggy's. Also Corbin has a store right in the thick of it, cool to see. Lots of vendors and.......well...go check it out!
Cabbage Patch's "Cabbage wrestling".
Must see Iron Horse Saloon. Outdoor bar complex with two levels, one level is literally walkways and bars in the trees. Live bands, burnout pit, clothing shops and best of all....girls, girls, girls!! Bring your beads!!
Across the street, Boot Hill Saloon and others.
A few other bar complexes right down the street.
Also close by, Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona. Biggest HD dealership you will ever see. Also live bands, usually a well known band, J&P Cycles and lots of vendor booths in the parking lot.
Have to ride "The Loop". Nice ride for Florida.
At Daytona Speedway, lots of vendor booths and HD free test rides of many new HD's. Dirt track racing.
Beach Street by the old HD dealer (now an HD museum). Lots of vendor booths. Can even test ride a Boss Hoss there.
As someone else has already stated, be careful when crossing the bridge from Beach Street to the intercoastal island. Favorite LEO hangout.
Don't let others scare you about the LEO's. Just doing their job. Just don't be the "Asshat" that stands out in a crowd of thousands of bikes and they won't bother you. Couldn't imagine crowds like that WITHOUT a good LEO presence!

Just imagine a good sized town on the beach and surrounding area literally "taken over" by tens of thousands of bikes. Words can't describe it, it's something you have to "experience" to understand. Go....you WILL love it!!

Bike Week has a web site with tons of information and lists of things to do. Google it. I only listed the typical "must do" things that most are aware of. Tons of other things going on. I've been five times and still have only scratched the surface of Bike Week offerings. Have a great time!!

Update: Check out JD's site http://jdbikermap.com
He is a regular member on this forum and has put together an awesome map and guide for Daytona Bike Week. Highly recommended!!

Last edited by Roger That; 01-29-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's the catch all for Don't Do's

Don’t try to attract attention to yourself cause you will get it

Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Lifetimelifter
Banned

We will be there with the www.custombaggerforum.com crew. Staying off the A1A

Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Other than that - as others have mentioned

enjoy some riding

Head up the loop in Ormond, run over to A1A and enjoy the run up the beach to St Augustine and the run back from St Aug on US1 that will dump you right into the center of action with Destination Daytona

Enjoy the Vendors - you don't usually get to see the products in person before you buy many of them - so even if you aren't looking to buy during bike week, get over to their displays and tents to see what things you might like for your bike

hit all the places others have mentioned, even if ONLY to be there and see the people

do the crawl on mainstreet - it's not a ride, its a crawl, burn your legs, curse all of us for telling you to do it, then park and cool down while your bike does the same while watching all the people and bikes crawl by your location

take the factory rides OUT! - not something most people think of, but EVERY MANUFACTURER is there, take out the entire line from HD, sign up for the Victory rides, take out a Triumph or Suzuki, Honda (last year I took out a Hayabusa and LOVED IT) it's free and you can test drive the bikes all damn day, how many other times are you going to get to try other bikes and not have to pay for it - even if you just take out the HD line up, enjoy everything else others have and ride on this site, you may decide you like another bike, or want a second, or it may confirm you are happy with what you have.

Take SR40 out through to Ocala National Forest and just enjoy riding in central florida

head over to the track - that is where the factory rides are - but go to the track, go in an tour the track, see how big that girl is, catch a race if you can or at least watch some practice

One thing my friends and family like to do is drive down through Black Bike Week - yes there is a Black Bike Week - it goes on at the same time, it is just on another street near Bethune Cookman College, the bikes are beautiful with all the paint schemes, wide tire kits (jap bikes) and the HD or american iron is just an nice with custom paint, killer wheels, stereos and usually really nice folks just wanting to show off. Of course there is always a few that feel white folks don't belong at their event, pay them no mind, there is a strong PD presence in ALL of bike week events so you should feel safe at all the events

Ride out 92 to 17 and head over to Sanford (no not for the Travaan Martin memorial) but head over to Seminole HD they always have events going on

Head down Tamoka Farms Road to Cabatch Patch to see the girls slaw wrestle

Hit Iron Horse to see all the people, hear some bands play and just watch all the bikes pyle into that place

Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 AM
tekeum
Cruiser

Im riding down the 2 weeks before Bike week. I have to be back home the the weekend bike week starts. I need to get out of this cold for a while!!

Old 01-23-2013, 03:54 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good places to eat:
Inlet Harbor Marina - Ponce Inlet
Down the Hatch - Ponce Inlet
Finn's - Flagler Beach (also a very cool place to sit and have a drink as you can sit on the roof deck right on A1A and watch the ocean, and bike rolling by)
Black Cloud Saloon - Bunnell (some of the best Rum Runners here also)

Rides:
The Loop
any where out of the Daytona traffic!
Ocala National Forest

Have a good time!! I've been there 6 times and also been to Sturgis! The riding at Sturgis is better by 100 times. The party life, the "rally" itself is better in Daytona in my opinion. I had a great time at both! Cheers!

Quick Reply: Daytona Bike Week