Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

madstad windshield questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 01:50 AM
jrbean1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default madstad windshield questions

I am thinking about purchasing a new windshield this spring.Does anyone have the madstad windshield on there road glide and if they do how do you like it?? Just wondering if its worth the money??

Thanks
Jrbean

Old 02-03-2013, 03:34 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

The Madstaad is worth every penny. I have one of the first ones made on my bike. Because of all of it's adjust ability the hardest part was finding the sweet spot. New Madstaad's have a different mount that is supposed to much easier to setup.
The top of the shield is at chin level on me and the air stream passes about 2" over my head! There is almost no buffeting with it and I found I could hear my stereo noticeably better. My wife said the Madstaad made a big change in her comfort level on the back.
While this a great forum all things HD related http://www.roadglide.org/ is all Road Glides, 24/7. They have many reviews of the Madstaad.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:23 AM
easybiker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
The Madstaad is worth every penny. I have one of the first ones made on my bike. Because of all of it's adjust ability the hardest part was finding the sweet spot. New Madstaad's have a different mount that is supposed to much easier to setup.
The top of the shield is at chin level on me and the air stream passes about 2" over my head! There is almost no buffeting with it and I found I could hear my stereo noticeably better. My wife said the Madstaad made a big change in her comfort level on the back.
While this a great forum all things HD related http://www.roadglide.org/ is all Road Glides, 24/7. They have many reviews of the Madstaad.

I agree. Best windshield I ever had and excellent customer service. No wind buffet. In the rain it will push most all rain up and over your head plus you stay warmer in cold weather. Go for it you won't be sorry.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Buckeye1951
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one on a Triumph, after trail and error with several other screens, the Madstad was great from day one. After just a few minor adjustments I had it dailed in my height and riding position. Everything I have read on various forums has all been positive.