Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front wheel spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:36 AM
senna
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Front wheel spacers?

I'm looking for some really nice front wheel spacers, something that compliments Performance Machine chrome wheels.

It's an ABS wheel so that makes it tougher, I know. I don't want just a 1" od spacer on the right side< I want somthing that will cover the whole bearing.

I started taking measurements to make my own, but thought I would see what might be out there.

I know a bought ***** Shiny. Although his are nice, I do not want to cover the rotor bolts.

Pics are always nice.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:40 AM
hank-hill
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just helped my buddy put a set of Harley ones on his bike with ABS, they dont cover the bolts and look great. Sorry no part number but he just purchased at local harley.
I have the ***** Shiny and love em but again you don't want to cover bolts

Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Use the HD spacers. You can get nice chromed conical or dome shaped spacers. They have a good chrome finish. Just replaced my 3 yr old wheels with Agitators, and my chrome HD wheel spacers still look new. They not only serve as decorative wheel spacers, but also as bearing covers to help keep water spray away from the bearings.

In the photo below, if you look just to the inside of the right leg, you see the domed billet spacer I have had for over 3 years. It's an HD spacer. They also sell chrome spacers for the ABS side that will nicely house and cover the ABS sensor ring. I don't have a photo of that side, but you can get the idea from this photo as to what they look like:

Pic from the HD site:

Chrome Front Wheel Spacer Kit - Dome

Fill the gap between the wheel and the fork slider with these highly polished chrome-plated wheel spacers. The rounded design complements any wheel and rotor combination, and looks great with chrome fork sliders. Manufactured to the Original Equipment tolerances, they deliver exact fitment and custom shine.

41371-08 ($49.95 retail for the front kit)

Last edited by Lowcountry Joe; 03-20-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:46 PM
2ropes
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered most of the stuff to put a chrome forks on my RK and never thought about chrome spacers. Guess that's something I'm going to need?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ropes
I just ordered most of the stuff to put a chrome forks on my RK and never thought about chrome spacers. Guess that's something I'm going to need?
Need? No. But do you really want to use those terrible looking stock dull stained spacers that don't cover the bearings?? If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the input. I went by Hd today and looked at the spacers,honestly, I wasn't happy with them.

I stopped on my way home and got some aluminum and started making my own. Already completed the right side. Should finish the left side tomorrow.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:32 AM
booch
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Try www.covingtoncyclecity.com
I have a lot of their billet parts, really nice stuff.
They have several axle spacers.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:18 AM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wanaryd has RC Comp. tapered spacers on their eBay store for $38

Old 03-21-2013, 05:29 AM
UPSGUY
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

I have a set from ***** Shiny, They cover the rotor bolts and look great to me. http://www.willyshiny.com/SPECERSTOURING0810ABS.html

Old 03-21-2013, 06:04 AM
Rdgray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the HD dome spacers for my 13 with abs. Already have my sliders, and my painted fairing is coming today. Still have to get the polished rotors. Post some pictures when you get yours made,

Quick Reply: Front wheel spacers?