Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Road Glide Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

Better get one soon if that's what you want. I picked up my RGU Saturday. Last new RG at the dealership. Said they had no promise of any more coming in. Two dealers I frequent are showing a candy orange RG in inventory but I know that both bikes were sold in the last week.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:37 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DanHappy
In the market soon for a 2013 Orange Road Glide Custom. Thinking August time frame.

1) What the chances I will find one without getting raped?
2) Will I be able to order one if no dealerships in my area have one?
3) Looking for ABS / security as well. Yea I read the forums about which is better but I want it. I am paying and it will make me happy.
4) Or save cash and wait till they come back out in 2015?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I just looked at my dealer Savannah HD in Georgia. They are showing 4-5 RG customs. Dunno how accurate that is. They are out there now but will disappear soon and the dealers wont be gettin anymore. I would go ahead and jump on one now if you find what you want. If it is not at your dealer, they can get it from another dealer for you, so finding one should not be a problem, you might have to wait a bit. Its just a couple more payments and you can be enjoying your bike early, win win.. Good luck with your search.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:45 AM
bubbawisconsin
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say get the cruise/abs/security on your bike, you won't be disappointed when you really need to stop in a hurry when the independent abs kicks in.
The Ultra's are about 1/2 inch taller and heavier and handle differently than the customs.
The custom from what i've heard it's not recommended to add all the weight from the king tourpaks based on impact on overall handling, that's why they built the RG ultra's.
If you already know you want the bike (and considering that they are not making any more for a while) waiting to get a better deal on one's left over in August serves no purpose except put you out on a limb hoping there is a bike for you in Aug. I got mine last year in late October and would say go with the custom, it's a mean machine!

Old 06-14-2013, 05:42 AM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

We got ours in 2012 just as the 13's came into the shops, got a deal as it was the last 12 they had. Was at the dealer last week, not a RG of any style in the showroom, nothing coming in as orders were all fulfilled on 13's.

Checked a few other St. Louis regional dealers only found six RG's of any type. Tons of EGC and EGCU or FLHX or FLTR's.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:04 PM
loanrider
Cruiser

Two Orange ones setting on the floor at Manteno Il right now.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:59 PM
smhdrg12
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw last night that Tri-County Harley-Davidson in Fairfield, Ohio (just north of Cincinnati) has 4 new Road Glide Customs in their showroom - 2 blues, 1 orange, and 1 black. All 4 have just the cruise option - no ABS or factory security (but you can always add the factory security later).

Old 06-19-2013, 02:10 PM
FlyByWire
Cruiser

great choice!!

May want to jump on it and not wait, however.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:37 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

They can still order them, if they say they cant they are full of ****. Talked to my dealer just last week about one. He didn't have any in stock but he said he could order what ever I wanted.

Last edited by KCFLHRC; 06-19-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:50 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbawisconsin
I'd say get the cruise/abs/security on your bike, you won't be disappointed when you really need to stop in a hurry when the independent abs kicks in.
The Ultra's are about 1/2 inch taller and heavier and handle differently than the customs.
The custom from what i've heard it's not recommended to add all the weight from the king tourpaks based on impact on overall handling, that's why they built the RG ultra's.
If you already know you want the bike (and considering that they are not making any more for a while) waiting to get a better deal on one's left over in August serves no purpose except put you out on a limb hoping there is a bike for you in Aug. I got mine last year in late October and would say go with the custom, it's a mean machine!

Sorry, but I will have to disagree with you on this.

Other then that, you are spot on!

Ride Safe,

YB

No problems here, and my sled weighs A LOT more then a Road Glide Custom

Old 06-19-2013, 07:04 PM
GrassyKnoll
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They have that exact bike at my local dealer and I keep telling the salesmen in there to sell it before I buy it. I bought the Road King and am happy with that but outside of that the bike you talk about is maybe the one I'd have gotten.

Originally Posted by DanHappy
In the market soon for a 2013 Orange Road Glide Custom. Thinking August time frame.

1) What the chances I will find one without getting raped?
2) Will I be able to order one if no dealerships in my area have one?
3) Looking for ABS / security as well. Yea I read the forums about which is better but I want it. I am paying and it will make me happy.
4) Or save cash and wait till they come back out in 2015?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Quick Reply: 2013 Road Glide Question