Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn a Classic into a classic

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:06 PM
loondog
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sol
My compliments, it takes some vision - or vision problems - to see a "classic" in a police bike. What cop stuff comes off and what new parts go on doubles the choices for mods. You made a good decision in the spokes and whitewalls, since these really go a long way to changing the look of the bike.

The trouble with trying to match whitewalls to birch white is that the whitewalls are too white when new and too brown when they age. For myself, I try to stay with the too new look (scrub with magic eraser). In bright sunshine, I'm the only one who notices the whitewalls are too white.
Thanks whiskers and Sol. The tires and rims did make for a nice change. As far as the white walls being to white. I'm probably the only one that notices it. Until I point it out. Very nice bikes by the way.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Harley2534
Advanced

Help from the classic riders. Can anyone tell me what size of rivet that I need for SE slip ons for a RKC? I need to replace one.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:20 PM
kirksharley
6th Gear

I don't have any pics yet, but I just swapped my spoked wheels for a set of Silver 9 spoke wheels off of a 2007 Road Glide. I kept the WWW tires, so it keeps the classic looks, but more of a modern classic. I also added chrome front rotors which look great. I had to do something to my RKC since my 64 yr old dad and I have the same bike and I'm half his age.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Red98RoadKing
Intermediate

I put cop bags and they give the retro look without the cost. I like them better than standard issue, the only changes was the push buttons and some chrome trim, emblems in a few places.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Stank Slinger
Intermediate

Hi All Classic lovers ! I'm thinkin about puttin the Vance & Hines black pipes and mufflers on my 07 RKC. I don't know if the black will help or hurt the classic look . Any opinoins ?

Old 06-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Jahillsr
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking good. What paint combo is your bike?

Old 06-15-2009, 02:38 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
My mind is always wandering away from wokr and I'm always thinking of the next thing to order for my bike to give it an old style. You can see in my picture that I have (had) leather braided levers. I got tired of the flapping so I cut the fringe off and now have just the black leather on the levers. Recently I've been looking at the Iron Braids - braided levers in theKuryakyn web site. I was wondering what would you nostalgic nuts think about blue and white (no fringe) levers on my Road King? (Blue beingthe dominant color)

My firstthought is they wouldn't look'manly', but heck a lot of the old bikes had whiteseats, grips, etc.....

Think the blue and white levers would look okay? Blue and black? I'd appreciate your thoughts.
One thing you could do is get the old chromed flex pipe heat shields, nice nostalgic look, I got mine because I couldn't find a stock heat shield for my white bro's e series pipes, but they get lots of compliments!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:40 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default '93 Heritage Softail

here is my 1993 Heritage Softail

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/...19006ce8_o.jpg

Old 06-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jimsflh
One thing you could do is get the old chromed flex pipe heat shields, nice nostalgic look, I got mine because I couldn't find a stock heat shield for my white bro's e series pipes, but they get lots of compliments!
I'd sure love to see some pictures of your set-up. I've heard its a pretty labor intensive project to install the chrome flex shields. How was it for your install?

Old 06-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by hogowner69
Blue and White....or White and Blue - can't go wrong with that combination.

IMO, HD has always used the neatest color combinations on the Heritage Softail's.

Ride safe.

Quick Reply: Turn a Classic into a classic