Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daybreaker Headlights ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 06:46 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hex41
I've been wanting to get the "Daymaker" for awhile now, but the price is a bit much to take. I've told my wife and myself it's a safety thing and the price doesn't matter, but still having a hard time dropping that cash. One day I'll pull the trigger.
I'm still impressed with the halogen having ridden with sealed beams all these years... When the time comes, I'm going with the truck lite.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:37 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 03dragonRK
If you are being flashed then they are aimed to high. I can see well down the road and have yet to be flashed. Adjust them down yourself a little at a time until you stop being flashed.
Also have you checked the air pressure in your shocks? It is possible you are lowering the rear of the bike which will raise the front when you sit on the bike just high enough to bring the light into oncoming traffics eyes? The tech may have checked the alignment without sitting on it
+1 on the air pressure and adjusting with the correct weight on the bike. I kept tweaking mine while night riding until I got it just right with me on it. When I add the tour pack and the ol' lady, I adjust it down 1/2 turn, works perfect every time. When I get back to riding alone, 15 seconds, a quick 1/2 turn up and I'm good to go again.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:55 AM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know the answer to how high up the wall the beam hits. I do agree with others though, a small adjustment can make a huge difference.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:03 AM
elecwiz1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been flashed a lot. I even got a fix it ticket in Lock Haven PA for it 2 weeks ago. Sent a letter in from the local shop and they tossed it. I don't care if I get flashed, at least they see me. Love riding at night, light is great. I'm kinda jealous of the guys with Road Glides because they get 2 of them. Haha

Old 07-10-2013, 07:15 PM
tatersalad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Day breakers

Well, just got home with my new Day breakers on my head light and passing light on my Street Glide. man, what a difference. Lots of bucks, about a grand installed, but I want to be seen!

Old 07-10-2013, 09:59 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

Maybe the Daybreakers are a lot brighter than the Daymakers?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:09 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

This is a very timely thread for me. I was going to pull the trigger on the Daymaker tonight. At the last minute, I bought a PIAA bulb. Used to run one in my Wide Glide. It is much whiter and brighter than the OEM stock bulb. You really see the difference between it and stock when on the high beam. I also have Custom Dynamics Ringz on the front so I feel pretty good about being lit up on the front. Of course, that will change the next time I see someone running an LED.

Last edited by PopsHD; 07-11-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

LED lights are significantly more dazzling that stock lights. If you are being flashed your lights are shining into the eyes of oncoming traffic, and they are liable to plow right into you. (especially the older drivers).

Gotta adjust them down just a bit to stop the flashing. You will still be able to see well, and oncoming traffic will not be becoming dangerous.

If you do not believe me, just turn on your LED's and take a quick glance directly into them. You will not be able to see clearly for several seconds. It is actually painfull.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:26 PM
SOCALHD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gonna HiJack this thread cuz there are so many others regarding these lights. I installed mine this afternoon and came to realize the instructions suck. 1 other thing I, I noticed when plugging in the headlight the connector did not totally meet, leaving a small gap and the bottom of the male prongs exposed. I wrapped electricians type just to cover the gap. Anyone else have this issue on install??