Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain Gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 02:21 PM
vtdiesel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rain Gear

I gambled on the rain today and I lost, 80 miles from home. It wasn't a light drizzle either. It's time for another purchase. Looking for something small obviously so I can just leave it in the saddlebag. What are you guys using? Best bang for your buck set? Ride safe!

Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM
mllgator
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to recommend the H-D rain suit.
Have worn it over 4 years; when raining HARD, in the sleet & snow, no complaints.
They work!

Old 09-10-2013, 02:35 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

+ 1 on HD suit love mine too

Old 09-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Cheap and work are Frogg Toggs. HD has several to choose from - I like their gortex pants. I wear Olympia Airglide 3 mesh jacket with zip in rain liner so that is my rain jacket ( keep liner in SB with the quilted liner - it's a 3-stage riding jacket). I also have first gear functional shell pants. Can't go wrong with raingear from Olympia but more $.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I learned the hard way that you get what you pay for. Bought a set of frogg togs and they were useless in medium to hard rain. Right through the sipper and melted on my pipes too. Bought light weight HD and they work flawlessly.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:56 PM
rollin_thunder
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever you do dont skimp....like I did the first 2 suits i bought. Its worth buying one good suit that will last you a long time. Look for things like on the inner leg material where you wont burn a hole in the suit....preferably overalls and not pants because the rain will just drip down your back when your hunched over not taking the pellets in the face...

Old 09-10-2013, 05:10 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

I got the nelson rigg stuff but haven't tried it yet

Old 09-10-2013, 05:16 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

i have both the HD rain suit and Olympia Jacket and pants with liners. i had the HD suit and got the textile for riding the washington beltway in the summer with added protection during the hot months. came with the windbreaker and waterproof liners. they work surprisingly well. also have an olympia one piece i use during the fall and winter that has a waterproof membrane in it. it too works well. agree, get something proven to work well once, and be done with it. btw, haven't had to use my HD set in three years as i have always had something else on when it started to rain but i keep it in my saddlebag just in case one of the others fail.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:35 PM
wndchsr2
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Have had the High Visibility rain gear from HD for several years now and it works perfectly.........In all kinds of wet weather I stay dry. Make sure you get the boot gators as well.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 PM
mark ski
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made a trip from Texas to New York a few years ago and got caught in the rain. Made it to an HD dealer and bought a rain suit, wasn't wild about the price but it kept me warm and dry. So I guess it was worth it.

Quick Reply: Rain Gear