Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glide Pro Front Engine Mount....AWESOME!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 07:23 PM
jperez434
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glide Pro Front Engine Mount....AWESOME!

I bought my 2007 Street Glide back in 2011. Since then I've done a ton of mods.....the usual, pipes, air cleaner, cams, apes, etc. The relatively inexpensive mod I should have done a long time ago is the Glide Pro front motor mount.

I pulled the trigger on ordered it and the shipping was just under a week. Had a buddy's shop install it and let me tell you what a difference. I had contemplated this mod for a long time all because of skepticism if it'd work but it definitely does.

Those of you with a 2007 and older touring model know exactly how much idle vibe and vibe in general rattles all the way to your handlebars and your whole body. Rode it to the shop in the morning and at every stop light it vibed like it always had since the day I bought it. Picked it up after lunch and from the moment I fired it up I could tell the difference. A drastic reduce in idle vibration and when rolling on the throttle. If you're looking to reduce the amount of vibrations from your 2007 and older....look no further.

I don't work for Glide Pro, but thanks to Jake and his team out at Glide Pro for a great product. It truly makes the bike feel more solid and real pleasure to ride.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:29 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll have to get one when it needs replacing sounds like a good investment.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:42 PM
shaker
Tourer

Changed mine a year ago and left it lose while I rode it around the neighborhood. That allowed it to seat itself then I tightened it. It has been one of the best changes I have made to the bike. Well worth the money.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:11 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Yep, changed out the front mount on my '08 with a Glide Pro mount a couple months ago and am totally impressed!!! Followed the directions Jake gives in his video on the install and so far I am totally satisfied with the investment.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:43 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh great!! Thanks guys!! Geez......now yet ANOTHER upgrade that I NEED!! Good thing I don't have a wife to check with on this stuff!! LOL!!!

Old 09-12-2013, 11:33 PM
SteelHorseSD
Intermediate

So you only need to swap the front mount for the improvement?

Originally Posted by jperez434
I bought my 2007 Street Glide back in 2011. Since then I've done a ton of mods.....the usual, pipes, air cleaner, cams, apes, etc. The relatively inexpensive mod I should have done a long time ago is the Glide Pro front motor mount.

I pulled the trigger on ordered it and the shipping was just under a week. Had a buddy's shop install it and let me tell you what a difference. I had contemplated this mod for a long time all because of skepticism if it'd work but it definitely does.

Those of you with a 2007 and older touring model know exactly how much idle vibe and vibe in general rattles all the way to your handlebars and your whole body. Rode it to the shop in the morning and at every stop light it vibed like it always had since the day I bought it. Picked it up after lunch and from the moment I fired it up I could tell the difference. A drastic reduce in idle vibration and when rolling on the throttle. If you're looking to reduce the amount of vibrations from your 2007 and older....look no further.

I don't work for Glide Pro, but thanks to Jake and his team out at Glide Pro for a great product. It truly makes the bike feel more solid and real pleasure to ride.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:35 PM
lasvegasrick
Advanced
Talking

you think thats something ,you should try the swing arm kits

Old 09-13-2013, 08:14 PM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 629 Likes on 455 Posts

On an 08 Road King, every oil filter change ran oil on the front mount. I tried to thoroughly clean it each time but it began to crack at about 4 years old. I noticed no change in its performance but knew it was getting ready to go bad. I got the Glide Pro in part because it was made of stuff that oil wouldn't hurt. Perhaps my factory mount hadn't deteriorated as much as I thought, but the Glide Pro seemed about the same as the factory mount as far as vibration went. No complaints at idle, and very smooth under way. Hopefully it is a "lifetime" mount, made of more durable stuff than the factory unit. I recommend it to anyone who asks, but I found no "night into day" change. Yes, the center bolt slides up and down freely just as the directions guide.