Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Quick Questions About Infotainment...Plz Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:49 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2 Quick Questions About Infotainment...Plz Help

Looking for a little advice here from those who have some "infotainment experience." I picked up my 2014 Street Glide yesterday. I can sync my music and contacts no problem. My phone is paired via bluetooth to the bike. I tried a test call to my wife and I could hear her but she couldn't hear me. Someone suggested using the headset but I have a Street Glide Standard (don't think there is a place for a headset to plug in unless it's bluetooth). Also, I would love to see the text messages or at least get the alert. In my text message options on the bike it asks me to Enable SMS which I have check marked. When I click on "in box" a message pops up saying "There was an Error syncing SMS messages." I have an iPhone 5 and the carrier is AT&T. I am normally "Tech Savvy" especially when it comes to pairing devices, iPhone stuff, etc. Just looking for a little advice on the following:

A. Why couldn't my wife hear me when I called her but I could hear her?
B. Why when I activate "SMS Messaging" on the infotainment center will it not
work? I have the "auto reply" message all set up and ready to go if anyone
texts me, etc

Seems like I am having no issues when it comes to music. I love the infotainment center but would love to at least see calls & texts come through so I can auto reply that I am on my bike and will call them later.

Any suggestions / help would be so much appreciated!!

Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 AM
flhxs103
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I dont think this is the problem but did you up-date it yet? There is a new software version already out.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:02 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master

Originally Posted by flhxs103
I dont think this is the problem but did you up-date it yet? There is a new software version already out.
I know the new iOS 7 Update for the phone today comes out at 1PM Et time. Is there any update on the infotainment center? If so, how would I be able to figure that out. I really appreciate the reply....thank you!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:05 AM
flhxs103
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

go to the Harleydavidson website. Under owners, you'll find the software up dates.

Date Released: 08/27/2013
Change Log:
⋅ Navigation feature enhancement allows customers to purchase & install additional map database
⋅ Fix to correct audio fade screen on some externally amplified systems
⋅ Performance and stability enhancements

Last edited by flhxs103; 09-18-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:08 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master

Originally Posted by flhxs103
go to the harleydavidson website. Under owners, you'll find the software up dates.
thank you!

Old 09-18-2013, 08:16 AM
RWPDALLAS
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same SMS error as you did on my iPhone 5 with TEXT messaging. I found this answer on another thread and followed the instructions:
"Go into set up menu on the bike and enable SMS. The rest is done by changing a couple things on the Iphone. Go to settings then messages . Turn OFF the iMessage. MMS setting ON, group messaging ON, show subject field OFF, Character count OFF. Now turn bike back on so the Iphone is paired to the bike. Once paired, again go back to phone and touch the Bluetooth arrow. then arrow just to right of HD Radio on your phone. Turn show notifications to ON and sync contacts to ON. "

Once I was able to get it setup properly, I went back into iPhone settings and turned iMessage back on and the text continue to work properly.

I have the same results on voice calls. I can hear but cannot respond. I have read that a headset is required, but not sure of the part number and have not been able to find it on HD website.

Last edited by RWPDALLAS; 09-18-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:22 AM
barrygreen
Elite HDF Member
Received 360 Likes on 211 Posts

one note...when you do the HD update, download it, it is a zip file then unzip it to a flash drive.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:59 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master

Originally Posted by RWPDALLAS
I had the same SMS error as you did on my iPhone 5 with TEXT messaging. I found this answer on another thread and followed the instructions:
"Go into set up menu on the bike and enable SMS. The rest is done by changing a couple things on the Iphone. Go to settings then messages . Turn OFF the iMessage. MMS setting ON, group messaging ON, show subject field OFF, Character count OFF. Now turn bike back on so the Iphone is paired to the bike. Once paired, again go back to phone and touch the Bluetooth arrow. then arrow just to right of HD Radio on your phone. Turn show notifications to ON and sync contacts to ON. "

Once I was able to get it setup properly, I went back into iPhone settings and turned iMessage back on and the text continue to work properly.

I have the same results on voice calls. I can hear but cannot respond. I have read that a headset is required, but not sure of the part number and have not been able to find it on HD website.
Downloaded Software Update. Followed Instructions above. For some reason I can't get the SMS Messaging to work. Still getting that Error Message. I'm sure it's just a minor step I'm missing or not doing in the correct order somehow.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master

Originally Posted by barrygreen
one note...when you do the HD update, download it, it is a zip file then unzip it to a flash drive.
Thank you for telling me that. The HD Instructions did not say to do that.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:33 AM
harleydude-fla
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Without a Headset Plugged in, You Can Not do anything but listen if you choose to answer a phone call.

Quick Reply: 2 Quick Questions About Infotainment...Plz Help