Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Ultra Limited Accessory Plug

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:48 PM
JaboIam
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question 2014 Ultra Limited Accessory Plug

There is an accessory plug under my left side cover (see pic) that uses the Touring Electrical Connection Update Kit (Part no. 69200722) to provide either continuous or switched 12V power.

Up on the inner fairing, my bike has only the fog light switch on the left with 2-blanks and a 3-blank plug on the right side. There's an unused wiring harness plugged into this blank. I assume this plug switches the accessory circuit, but I'm not sure. According to the HD's parts schematic, there isn't a listed switch for the right side location.

So, do I get another fog light switch assembly and mount it? If I do, it will have to be mounted upside down and the switch button with have an upside down light symbol unless I can disassemble and rotate the button.

Previous model years had a factory installed accessory switch that powered the accessory plug; it was pretty much plug and go. Am I missing something here, or has Harley not produced the necessary accessory switch yet?

Harley loves to leave their customers and dealers guessing. (My dealer wasn't much help due the new aspects of the 2014s and me being the first to inquire about this.)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails 2014 Ultra Limited Accessory Plug-aux_switch.jpg  

Last edited by JaboIam; 11-22-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: misspellling
Old 11-22-2013, 01:02 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

Hey Jabo,

I am using that same accessory plug on my Street Glide Special to power a cell phone charger mounted in my saddle bag.. It is always hot in both the Accessory or ignition on position and no I do not have a switch to turn it on or off. I have the same switches as you. One switch on the left side for Aux lights.

For you info, something many folks and or dealerships don't know. You can have the BCM flashed to enable your Aux lights to be on at all times, high beam included. Still the switch on the left will operate them on and off, but you can then run with them on with High beams on..

The following users liked this post:
tlranger (06-05-2018)
Old 11-22-2013, 01:10 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by JaboIam
There is an accessory plug under my left side cover (see pic) that uses the Touring Electrical Connection Update Kit (Part no. 69200722) to provide either continuous or switched 12V power.

Up on the inner fairing, my bike has only the fog light switch on the left with 2-blanks and a 3-blank plug on the right side. There's an unused wiring harness plugged into this blank. I assume this plug switches the accessory circuit, but I'm not sure. According to the HD's parts schematic, there isn't a listed switch for the right side location.

So, do I get another fog light switch assembly and mount it? If I do, it will have to be mounted upside down and the switch button with have an upside down light symbol unless I can disassemble and rotate the button.

Previous model years had a factory installed accessory switch that powered the accessory plug; it was pretty much plug and go. Am I missing something here, or has Harley not produced the necessary accessory switch yet?

Harley loves to leave their customers and dealers guessing. (My dealer wasn't much help due the new aspects of the 2014s and me being the first to inquire about this.)

well that's partly (no pun intended) because they haven't released a lot of parts for these bikes yet. My understanding is the switches have not been released.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:38 PM
dusturbd
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JaboIam

the unused harness on the right 3 blanks is where the lock/unlock switch's are on a CVO so I would bet that's what some of those wires are for.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by dusturbd
the unused harness on the right 3 blanks is where the lock/unlock switch's are on a CVO so I would bet that's what some of those wires are for.
Yes, this. Count left to right, 1 to 6, 1 is driving lamps, 2 is blank, 3 is blank, 4 is blank, 5 is CVO Lock, 6 is CVO Unlock. For now....

BTW - From the SM, it appears there's wiring running to those blank spots from the BCM.

Last edited by Hammz; 11-22-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Battery tender plug?

Old 11-22-2013, 09:35 PM
digitizer
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is the Battery Tender plug !!

Old 11-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by digitizer
It is the Battery Tender plug !!
I don't think so. I believe the battery tender plug is smaller and above the circled plug in the OP's picture.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:07 AM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boltsfaninmo
I don't think so. I believe the battery tender plug is smaller and above the circled plug in the OP's picture.
Correct!

Old 11-23-2013, 08:01 AM
JaboIam
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
Yes, this. Count left to right, 1 to 6, 1 is driving lamps, 2 is blank, 3 is blank, 4 is blank, 5 is CVO Lock, 6 is CVO Unlock. For now....

BTW - From the SM, it appears there's wiring running to those blank spots from the BCM.
I suppose the BCM has to be programmed for each additional switch to function - much like for the the fog lights to stay on w/ high beams.

The left side switch module having the fog light switch and two blanks has a six conductor connector plugging into it. So, there're definitely more functions intended than switching the fog lights.

I just wish Harley would explain all of this to their dealers and let folks know that the accessory switches for the '14s aren't available yet. Dealers are pretty much in the dark too, just like me.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ultra Limited Accessory Plug