Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks Or CFR Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 06:07 AM
StGlideRidr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klock Werks Or CFR Exhaust

I know that the Exhaust topic has probably been beat worse than a dead horse, but I am new to the Harley Davidson world and I need some opinions. I am buying a 2014 Street Glide when I return from deployment in March. I am wanting to put on a Stage 1 Kit. However, I do not want Screaming Eagle stuff. I have been doing A LOT of looking and reading and I have it narrowed down to 2 options.

First Option:
Klock Werks Double Back Headers
Cary Faas Racing FL Style Muffler w/Fluted tip
K&N Intake (Stock Cover)
TTS Tuner

Second Option:
Klock Werks Double Back Headers
Klock Werks WFB Slip-on Mufflers
K&N Intake (Stock Cover)
TTS Tuner

All of this will be in Black as I will slowly black out the rest of my bike. Please let me know what you know about these pipes/mufflers. Any advice/help is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Ride Safe!

Old 06-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Sgt7212
Cruiser

I don't have any experience with Klock Werks. I just bought a 2014 Street Glide Special and put V&H High Output slip ons on for now. I was going to keep them and just add the Power Duals head pipes and A/C and tuner down the road, but I just heard a set of CFR's in person and they sound absolutely bad a$$. So now I'm considering putting them on instead and selling my V&H High Outputs. Still undecided though. The CFR's are the deepest, throatiest sounding mufflers I've heard. At idle it sounds like a helo but not obnoxious IMHO, just a deep thumping sound, if that makes any sense.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:13 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It makes perfect sense. I have them on my limited. Get compliments all the time. Best sounding exhaust out there IMHO. Do yourself a favor and just get the CFRs. If you don't you'll just be kicking yourself later. Also of note: they sound even better after a stage 1.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:28 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CFR all the way, i have mine paired w/ V&H dresser duals. ppl always loving them everywhere i go. they are loud no doubt so if noise isnt what your looking for dont get them. rode to local cruise in few weeks ago. nice turn out. had multiple ppl tell me i had best sounding hot rod at the show lol

are the readily availible now? i waited almost 6 months for mine

Old 06-21-2014, 05:12 AM
radavi98
Novice

Ive been riding for over 30 years now and the first time I ever drove across the parking lot to see what the pipes were. They were the CFR. Never heard of them before...but just ordered them for my new ultra ltd

Old 06-21-2014, 07:56 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

CFR's all the way. Sound bad *** and quality product. I get compliments all the time on mine.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:03 AM
MidMoMan
Novice

I had dealer install the CFR slip ons before I took delivery of my 2014 Street Glide Special on May 31, 2014. Like the message above says, they sound bad a$$. When I pulled into the Elks Lodge to show the bike off one of my buddies said they could hear the rumble down the street before I even turned into the parking lot. The sound is kind of low growl sound, not the 'rat a tat' the my old '02 Dyna had. I'm a big CFR advocate.

Attached Thumbnails Klock Werks Or CFR Exhaust-image.jpg  

Last edited by MidMoMan; 06-21-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:07 AM
ktb11
Advanced

I have some RC slip ons coming soon, after seeing these reviews about the CFRs I hope I don't regret it!

Old 06-21-2014, 08:32 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just viewed some youtube videos, and i like the sound of them, but i also like the samsons. cant replace mine though without paying for another dyno.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:43 AM
whynotf75
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the CFR's mated with freedom performance standard true dual headers, I have S&S 106 and woods 555 cams and I must say it is an amazing sound

Quick Reply: Klock Werks Or CFR Exhaust