Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Road glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:51 AM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was having a conversation with a proctologist that knows a guy named Jack at Harley. He said the new RG will have a 1650cc Revolution engine that is in the final stages of testing. He also said the new CVO RG will have an 1800cc version of the Revolution engine. The CVO RG will have to come with a 240 rear tire because of all the power the engine makes. It completely obsoletes the SE120 engine and will blow your mind.

I told him he doesn't know Jack $hit. He told me I was wrong.

Last edited by equandt; 02-04-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Pondskipper
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by equandt
I was having a conversation with a proctologist that knows a guy named Jack at Harley. He said the new RG will have a 1650cc Revolution engine that is in the final stages of testing. He also said the new CVO RG will have an 1800cc version of the Revolution engine. The CVO RG will have to come with a 240 rear tire because of all the power the engine makes. It completely obsoletes the SE120 engine and will blow your mind.

I told him he doesn't know Jack $hit. He told me I was wrong.
Probably best not to argue with someone when they have their finger up your ***.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:24 AM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts

my sources at the test track, tell me the 2015 RG will have the new 4.3 infotainment center(upgradable to the 6.5), two gauges, oil pressure and volt meter. the tank will be a RK tank, with the fuel gauge in the tank, the 120 ST (street) motor with 255 cams will be stock and it will be air cooled, with an oil cooler and will include the larger SE oil pan increasing capacity to just under 5 qts. It will utilize the new 49 MM front forks.

it will carry the 18/16 combination wheel and tire package. It will be rated out of the box at 110/120 and will carry the standard 2 year warranty.

they tell me they have been running this package for about 3 months and that the main hold up in getting it to the dealers, is waiting for the twin cooled bikes to sell through so they are reintroduce the RG to convince early adopters of twin cooled batwing bikes to trade yet again for the fixed faring RG with the 120.

AS indicated by the big smiles on their faces. This is one Bad A$$ bike and it will put the bat wing crowd in line waiting to purchase a RG.

IT will also confirm the RG owners have been right all along, the RG is the best bike HD makes.

I am only responsible for what i believe, you should believe what you want.

Last edited by bigskyroadglide; 02-04-2014 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:00 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

i heard they are never going to build that ugly thing again.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 AM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
i heard they are never going to build that ugly thing again.
You heard wrong...

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...on.html?r=full

Old 02-04-2014, 10:11 AM
louie c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange
This is just my guess. Air cooled Road Glide & twin cooled Road Glide Ultra. Also info center. By 2017 all touring bikes will be twin cooled, due to EPA laws. Remember, just my guess. But I did have a friend that worked close to the MoCo, that knew a guy that worked for a company that did work for another company that knew a guy that worked for the MoCo. I can't name, names at this time, but if you send me $100. cash I'll give you all there names, but you can't tell anyone.
got to love it !!!!!

Old 02-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts
Old 02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

…… I B hopin' that BigSkyRG's source is on the $

Originally Posted by bigskyroadglide
my sources at the test track, tell me the 2015 RG will have the new 4.3 infotainment center(upgradable to the 6.5), two gauges, oil pressure and volt meter. the tank will be a RK tank, with the fuel gauge in the tank, the 120 ST (street) motor with 255 cams will be stock and it will be air cooled, with an oil cooler and will include the larger SE oil pan increasing capacity to just under 5 qts. It will utilize the new 49 MM front forks.

it will carry the 18/16 combination wheel and tire package. It will be rated out of the box at 110/120 and will carry the standard 2 year warranty.
….. RG owners have been right all along, the RG is the best bike HD makes.
……… well, duh.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:25 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange
By 2017 all touring bikes will be twin cooled, due to EPA laws. Remember, just my guess. .
I know it's just your guess, but what EPA laws are you guys talking about? EPA dosen't have any laws (now or future) that ALL of Harleys engines aren't already meeting. The only possibility I could see is something like the state of California coming up with their own laws. But EPA wise, Harley is there.

I agree with others, if the new RG isn't a wethead yet, it's coming soon.

Beary

Old 02-04-2014, 11:31 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

they tell me they have been running this package for about 3 months and that the main hold up in getting it to the dealers, is waiting for the twin cooled bikes to sell through so they are reintroduce the RG to convince early adopters of twin cooled batwing bikes to trade yet again for the fixed faring RG with the 120..
Well count me in. I can stomach a RG if it has a 120 in it.

Beary

Quick Reply: 2015 Road glide