Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New tri-bar LED replacement from Custom Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Street_Glyding
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Their site says that they start shipping July 9th, so hopefully one of their dealers will get it in stock soon so I can have my entire rear end lit up by Custom Dynamics.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Just finished installing mine with the triple play, still need to tone down the running lights a bit later after sun goes down. Really like the full contrast turn signals, Going to use the blasterX for 3 seconds then solid brake for now. Not sure about the exposed pass through harness under there. But I have a plan. I installed it with some 3/4" marine grade shrink wrap and about 10 zip ties to get it small and flat as possible, Made a large hold-down out of a bent 1" electrical conduit clamp.I think I'm gonna get some of that spray rubber sealant and coat it heavy-duty. I was going to try a rubber mud-flap kind of thing but not now that it's all in,there's no easy way to do that. I just want to protect the harness from road debris,rocks,dirt,water,ext...ok I'll go get a photo of install so far.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Not very pretty but solid.Yea I used a liberal amount of black rtv also

That harness is about 11or 12" long with drop down plug to taillight is in the center but the connector on light box is in the upper right corner.

Last edited by Smokey Stover; 07-25-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:03 PM
rcmty
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Tri-bar

Just instal my CD Tri-bar on my 2014 street glide. It's a real simple instal that's all plug & play. I didn't use any sealant on my connections due to them being so tight to plug together. I had to use pliers to squeeze them together to lock them in. Yes they already have that much rubber sealant to make them water resistance. I was a little disappointed that the Tri-bar light is no brighter than what it is. Of course it might be my LED signal lights and plasma Rods making it look dim. All in all I'm happy with the Tri-bar.

Attached Thumbnails New tri-bar LED replacement from Custom Dynamics-image.jpg  
Old 07-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Colorido
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmty
Just instal my CD Tri-bar on my 2014 street glide. It's a real simple instal that's all plug & play. I didn't use any sealant on my connections due to them being so tight to plug together. I had to use pliers to squeeze them together to lock them in. Yes they already have that much rubber sealant to make them water resistance. I was a little disappointed that the Tri-bar light is no brighter than what it is. Of course it might be my LED signal lights and plasma Rods making it look dim. All in all I'm happy with the Tri-bar.

Do you have your plasmas set up as running/brake/and turns? Running and brake? or just running? I'm thinking about ordering them and setting them up as the 3 function and curious about other's experiences.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:00 PM
rcmty
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Colorado, I do have mine set up as run/break/ turn signal which is a pretty easy and clean instal. I'm waiting for CD to release the magic flasher so I can tone down the LED run/turn/brake light due to them being so bright. Which makes it where you can't hardly see the plasma rods flashing.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:27 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmty
That does seem kinda dim... I was waiting for CD to come out with something for the tri bar, thought it would have been brighter. Unfortunately, the way I have mine set up, I don't think this would work for me anyhow. I changed my stock tri bar out for the Canadian version, so their wiring pass thru is different than what I have now...

Old 08-01-2014, 06:31 AM
shakrr
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is this any brighter than the stock light?, from the pic its hard to tell

Old 05-31-2015, 04:17 PM
guapo
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2015 SG and have purchased one of CD lighted license plate brackets. My questions is do I need the Dual Converter with a 2015? also what color is the HD running light wire on mine. also what color wire is the brake light wire. I had this bike apart twice and would really like to install the bracket.