Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Triglide tracks to the right

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 02:36 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Found out what happened. It was caused by a set of Memphis Shields lowers I had mounted on the forks. Took them off since I am switching to a set of modified HD deflectors. It rides straight as an arrow now. Lesson's learned.

Last edited by TheBobs; 07-05-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:00 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you found your problem.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:16 PM
workhorse
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not the solution I was hoping to hear. My "11" tri also very slightly pulls to the right. I have no air deflectors and have added nothing to the forks.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 AM
vegas harley
Stage III
Default Pulls to right

My new 2011 tri glide pulls to the right and the answer I got from the dealer is that they are made to do that . I think this is BS and need more info to get it corrected.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:47 PM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 453 Likes on 280 Posts

My 2011 does not pull to the right, so they are not made that way. Usual dealer BS.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:07 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bronxbill
My 2011 does not pull to the right, so they are not made that way. Usual dealer BS.
I couldn't agree with you more. The dealers must think we are a bunch of retards.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:00 PM
pettifogger1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is that in most cases the trike isn't "pulling" to one side or the other, it is drifting in the direction of road crown. It is very difficult to find a perfectly flat road as they are designed with a crown for water run-off. On mine on some roads it really feels like it is pulling because the crown is so steep. On other highways with minimal crown it will drift, but it is barely noticeable and only takes a touch on the handlebars to keep it going straight. On some roads if you get in the left lane it will drift left.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 PM
workhorse
Novice

Originally Posted by pettifogger1
The problem is that in most cases the trike isn't "pulling" to one side or the other, it is drifting in the direction of road crown. It is very difficult to find a perfectly flat road as they are designed with a crown for water run-off. On mine on some roads it really feels like it is pulling because the crown is so steep. On other highways with minimal crown it will drift, but it is barely noticeable and only takes a touch on the handlebars to keep it going straight. On some roads if you get in the left lane it will drift left.
I have moved to the left lane on a crowned road, and it still will climb to the right. It's not a hard pull, but enough to run off the road in ten seconds at 65mph

Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by workhorse
I have moved to the left lane on a crowned road, and it still will climb to the right. It's not a hard pull, but enough to run off the road in ten seconds at 65mph
This is why I posted in the first place. I could ride in the fast lane or the slow lane and it just didn't matter, it would track to the right. Taking off the deflectors fixed that problem.

I have since modified a set of HD deflectors according to Scooty's mod directions. They fit like a glove without any effect on drift.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:27 AM
vegas harley
Stage III
Default Tracks to right

I can come to a stop. Take my hands off the bars and the front wheel will turn to the right. I think it is something in the front forks. I had chrome forks installed on the bike before I ever rode it for the first time. I truly believe it is something in the forks

Quick Reply: Triglide tracks to the right