Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

I agree wholeheartedly ^^^

Old 05-25-2017, 07:25 AM
TheGit12
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
I read a few posts on the VROD forums. They are talking about it as well. More than one guy thinks that it is being dropped.......BUT, only to be revamped into some sort of big brother to the Street lineup. Which would be cool, as well. But who really knows, other than the MOCO boys.
I've heard that one to, that a bigger version of the Street rod is more than a rumor. So it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest,

Old 05-29-2017, 10:51 AM
wheels_up
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My son, Zach, setting the all time street legal Harley-Davidson motorcycle track record at Willow Springs International Raceway on his 2016 VRCSDX.

Zach is loaning me his 2016 VRCSDX Night Rod Special for the next 4 or 5 months.

Zach on his Yamaha R6 at Willow Springs International Raceway

Zach's BMW S1000RR HP. He will be at Barber Motorsports Track on this tomorrow (May 30 and 31)

So, who do you think can beat my son, Zach, on whatever street legal Harley-Davidson they choose, modified or not? Zach is a 21 y/o Petty Officer Second Class in the U.S. Navy stationed at North Island NAS in San Diego, California.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:58 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,099 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by wheels_up

My son, Zach, setting the all time street legal Harley-Davidson motorcycle track record at Willow Springs International Raceway on his 2016 VRCSDX.

Zach is loaning me his 2016 VRCSDX Night Rod Special for the next 4 or 5 months.

Zach on his Yamaha R6 at Willow Springs International Raceway

Zach's BMW S1000RR HP. He will be at Barber Motorsports Track on this tomorrow (May 30 and 31)

So, who do you think can beat my son, Zach, on whatever street legal Harley-Davidson they choose, modified or not? Zach is a 21 y/o Petty Officer Second Class in the U.S. Navy stationed at North Island NAS in San Diego, California.
Impossible, everyone knows those V-RODS don't handle worth a damn. Just ask.................LOL

Old 06-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Lone Rider 01
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the styling of the VROD, it looks like a bike ready to run to the races. Speaking of models of different HD's........I've been wondering why HD has not designed or built a true old school custom chopper similar to what Big Dog, and Bourget has? I know that there are thousands of custom builders who can revamp any harley frame into a chopper, but I would like to see one built by the HD factory designers...just a thought.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:43 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Hey, I thought they'd quit making those long ago. I haven't seen one in any Denver-area dealer's showroom for years.

I might have seen a total of about 4 on the roads since they were introduced. No surprise at all that they gave up on 'em.

Leave that crap to the metrics, the MOCO never had any business or expertise in that market, anyway.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:26 PM
Dialtapper
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thread, like hearing the different opinions, even if I don't agree with some.

Hear's mine, I have a 2001 VMax, 2003 VRod, 97 & 07 Fatboy.

When I bought the VRod I thought it was a turd, couldn't get out of it's own way, but the price was too good to pass up. Got a Stage 1 kit from TAB Preformance, it came alive! It really scoots now, no Vmax but really came alive.

I don't get where people say these two bikes don't handle well, they're both a pleasure to ride. And I think the VRod is a great-looking bike, but then I'm not a died in the wool Harley guy, I just love motorcycles.

So now my go-to bike, if it's just me, is the VRod. If I want super fast acceleration and scare myself, the VMax. My wife doesn't like the VRod because she feels like she's at the OBGYN because of the way the rear foot pegs are mounted to high, so we take a Fatboy.
My only complaint about the VRod is I can only go 100 miles on a tank a gas, but damn, that's a fun hundred miles!

My two cents.

Old 08-27-2017, 01:13 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Stupid move on HD's part....stupid stupid stupid.!!!

Old 08-27-2017, 01:15 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dialtapper
Interesting thread, like hearing the different opinions, even if I don't agree with some.

Hear's mine, I have a 2001 VMax, 2003 VRod, 97 & 07 Fatboy.

When I bought the VRod I thought it was a turd, couldn't get out of it's own way, but the price was too good to pass up. Got a Stage 1 kit from TAB Preformance, it came alive! It really scoots now, no Vmax but really came alive.

I don't get where people say these two bikes don't handle well, they're both a pleasure to ride. And I think the VRod is a great-looking bike, but then I'm not a died in the wool Harley guy, I just love motorcycles.

So now my go-to bike, if it's just me, is the VRod. If I want super fast acceleration and scare myself, the VMax. My wife doesn't like the VRod because she feels like she's at the OBGYN because of the way the rear foot pegs are mounted to high, so we take a Fatboy.
My only complaint about the VRod is I can only go 100 miles on a tank a gas, but damn, that's a fun hundred miles!

My two cents.
YEP! I really like them a lot - if you upgrade to 2007 or above you get a 5 gallon tank a 240mm rear tire and have a lot more fun and range at the same time!

The following users liked this post:
Dialtapper (08-27-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 07:05 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

The VROD is gone now guys, my brother in laws Night Rod Special is now a classic.

We will see if or when the VROD will ever come back from the dead.----JMO

John

Quick Reply: Discontinuing the VROD???