Stevie Dannhauser
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V-Rod Bagger

Old 10-08-2017, 05:05 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

There were many version of the Tour Rod built . Lot were factory prefect ride-able Touring bikes.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:16 AM
BBM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 582 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
There were many version of the Tour Rod built . Lot were factory prefect ride-able Touring bikes.
Factory Touring V-Rods? The F model is assumed to have been a preview, however, HD did not offer a factory V-Rod with bags and fairings.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Stevie Dannhauser
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
Yes i know there was many built using the cycle visions kit that why i built this one There is a 26" vrod bagger built by twisted image cycles but doesn't look that rideable and harley didnt build any. i didnt use any mounts from cycle visions for the bags or fairing I made them all. All the road rods ive seen the rear fender and bags arent really even with fender and i never really like how they looked but loved the idea of a vrod with storage and having a ufairing to block wind for the long hauls and i love the stereo. The way i made the mounts the bottom of the bags sit the same height as the front foot pegs. So i scrape them at about the same time I went with this fender and these bags because the bottoms go into Vs for V-Rod Got this build done july 22 and test rode it out to sturgis put on about 5,000 miles so far and love it. Rides like a dream and has more power then a regular bagger

Old 10-12-2017, 01:51 AM
BBM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 582 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevie Dannhauser
Yes i know there was many built using the cycle visions kit that why i built this one There is a 26" vrod bagger built by twisted image cycles but doesn't look that rideable and harley didnt build any. i didnt use any mounts from cycle visions for the bags or fairing I made them all. All the road rods ive seen the rear fender and bags arent really even with fender and i never really like how they looked but loved the idea of a vrod with storage and having a ufairing to block wind for the long hauls and i love the stereo. The way i made the mounts the bottom of the bags sit the same height as the front foot pegs. So i scrape them at about the same time I went with this fender and these bags because the bottoms go into Vs for V-Rod Got this build done july 22 and

test rode it out to sturgis put on about 5,000 miles so far and love it. Rides like a dream and has more power then a regular bagger

Too bad more people weren't less close minded and stuck in the HD warp. That beautiful Revo engine might have continued and evolved.

Old 10-14-2017, 07:57 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevie Dannhauser
Yes i know there was many built using the cycle visions kit that why i built this one There is a 26" vrod bagger built by twisted image cycles but doesn't look that rideable and harley didnt build any. i didnt use any mounts from cycle visions for the bags or fairing I made them all. All the road rods ive seen the rear fender and bags arent really even with fender and i never really like how they looked but loved the idea of a vrod with storage and having a ufairing to block wind for the long hauls and i love the stereo. The way i made the mounts the bottom of the bags sit the same height as the front foot pegs. So i scrape them at about the same time I went with this fender and these bags because the bottoms go into Vs for V-Rod Got this build done july 22 and test rode it out to sturgis put on about 5,000 miles so far and love it. Rides like a dream and has more power then a regular bagger
It looks great. I almost had one. Dealer had one that was traded in several years back . I took a day to think about it and it was gone.
I know the factory did not make them what I meant was most of the ones I saw were like they came from a factory.

Last edited by smitty901; 10-14-2017 at 07:59 PM.