VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

V-Rod Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:23 PM
coachwes
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny but the 08 can reset its own fuel mixture to a degree. i know you old school harley guys may say no but yes it can . thats why with the the pclll they removed the 02s because the ecm would recaliprate to factury lean setting and the pclll would try to set custom settings what a battle so they did the easy thing remove the 02s . now for high performance or engine modes the factory can not adjust enough . but just butting on pipes for sound no problem. some dealers will tell you the truth and some just dont know. just put on what they know will work. front and rear 02s are new for harley and they just havent leaned yet. my 08 has jug huggers with baffels and runs and sounds great. alot of riders could never make these pipes work. back presure and a ecm that can self adjust works fine . i have driven over 6000 on this system with no problem. i have even pulled a plug for good mesure looks great.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:46 PM
STEG
Road Captain

try bub/rineharts they are as close as you'll get IMO

Old 08-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Darthvader
Road Warrior

I had BUB pipes on mine. By far the best looking and sounding pipes for the VROD

Old 08-22-2008, 07:41 PM
coachwes
Novice

yes bub/jug hugger / by rineharts is whats on mine they sound and look great . even the old school boys say they sound good . lol

Old 08-23-2008, 07:09 AM
rjrivero
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coachwes
funny but the 08 can reset its own fuel mixture to a degree. i know you old school harley guys may say no but yes it can . thats why with the the pclll they removed the 02s because the ecm would recaliprate to factury lean setting and the pclll would try to set custom settings what a battle so they did the easy thing remove the 02s . now for high performance or engine modes the factory can not adjust enough . but just butting on pipes for sound no problem. some dealers will tell you the truth and some just dont know. just put on what they know will work. front and rear 02s are new for harley and they just havent leaned yet. my 08 has jug huggers with baffels and runs and sounds great. alot of riders could never make these pipes work. back presure and a ecm that can self adjust works fine . i have driven over 6000 on this system with no problem. i have even pulled a plug for good mesure looks great.
I'm by no means an old skool type guy, but I believe your mistaken.

The closed loop function on the current dephi efi units on these motorcycles does nothing for transient loads. The closed loop function is very limited to steady rpm cruising and idle conditions.

When you are accellerating or decelerating, the computer falls back onto the MAP programmed in the ECM to deliver fuel, and spark. If you are running an aftermarket pipe, air cleaner, etc, I would bet money you're not as safe as you think you are.

If you know anyone with a Twinscan II plus, I would be REALLY interested to see how your AFR's look under normal riding conditions. It would be easy to put on your bike, just unplug your O2 sensors, and plug in the wideband O2 sensors on the Twinscan II plus, plug it into power, and plug it into your Data BUS connector.

If you're anywhere in the Toledo Ohio area, I'd be happy to lend mine for this "project."

Old 08-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

the EX does use the O2 sensors and limits the area of adjustment in order to comply with CARB

Old 08-24-2008, 08:57 PM
coachwes
Novice

The dealership here is even at a loss . There are split some say no some yes lol . I was told by the service manager it should adjust enough but if it jurks or bucks they can upload a new map to help compancate . But still you dont need a pcIII . you might be right about excell and dexcell but mine puffs out black under a load witch tells me she pushing plenty of fuel out .

Old 09-04-2008, 05:10 PM
mullens
4th Gear

Originally Posted by coachwes
The dealership here is even at a loss . There are split some say no some yes lol . I was told by the service manager it should adjust enough but if it jurks or bucks they can upload a new map to help compancate . But still you dont need a pcIII . you might be right about excell and dexcell but mine puffs out black under a load witch tells me she pushing plenty of fuel out .
FYI I tried to go with a Stage 1 HD download, but my dealer said they are no longer available for 08's. So, it's PCIII, SERT or nothing. Thanks for all the responses.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:40 PM
rjrivero
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hal64hd
the EX does use the O2 sensors and limits the area of adjustment in order to comply with CARB
Good to know. Thanks for the down low. Does the PCIII ex have the ability to "shift" the target AFR for the closed loop function?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:42 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

Thunderheader....sounds wicked!

Quick Reply: V-Rod Exhaust