VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Stock exhaust mods.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
ny06fxdb
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock exhaust mods.

I know this subject has been beaten to death but I need to ask.I just picked up a 2010 NRS.The deal I made with the old lady was I could not spend any money on extras for a year if I wanted to keep my 06 Street Bob.So the question is, can You drill holes in the end of the exhaust without remapping?And if so do you remove the black end caps,or drill them too?

Old 06-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Wicked Cricket
Banned

Yes you can drill holes and no you don't have to remap. It's a cost savings way to get better sound & performance out of your stock exhaust without spending hunders of $'s. I've done it myself, and in spite of some people who will probbaly say it's not a good idea or the exhaust sound isn't to their liking, I've had people walk up to me and ask what exhaust I'm running because they like the sound. My advise if drilling holes, start out drilling a few and seeing how loud you want them before drilling more...

Old 07-06-2010, 01:45 PM
brmbaker
2nd Gear

Wicked Cricket,
I have read numerous other threads and discussions about drilling holes in the cans, even saw a video. How big and how many did you start with and end with? I am hesitant to do it, want a better sound but dont want to screw them up or be unhappy with it. I cannot afford new pipes and pcm right now... You didn't add a tuner, re-map or anything?

Old 07-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Jetgod
Cruiser

Originally Posted by brmbaker
Wicked Cricket,
I have read numerous other threads and discussions about drilling holes in the cans, even saw a video. How big and how many did you start with and end with? I am hesitant to do it, want a better sound but dont want to screw them up or be unhappy with it. I cannot afford new pipes and pcm right now... You didn't add a tuner, re-map or anything?
I used to have V-Modded pipes on my bike and when I put it on the dyno I found it was running very lean. But that was the whole baffle removed. Not sure if I would try drilling unless I could check it on a dyno.