VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Vrod Muscle question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 636 Likes on 327 Posts
Default Vrod Muscle question?

Ok i might be considering a Vrod Muscle. My question to any owners is how do you like it and more inportantly how does the female rider in your life like riding on the back seat? From the online pics it looks wide and thin! Trying to see one in person but none of the dealerships in my area have one in stock! I guess their not that popular around here alot of the riders dont really like them their stuck on air cooled and 60 horse power..haha. Thats the big thing the wifes woundering about is the back seat. Thanks.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:28 PM
macipods
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it...
I bought mine about 6 months ago... and every day I ride it is an amazing experience...!
I always get compliments from friends and people driving and riding by...
About the back seat... No worries... it's plenty for a girl in the back. Unless she's huge..! then there's no hope for her with any bike. It's time for a new girl.. not a bike.
But, what I do suggest is a back seat pad. That helps a lot..!
I personally like the sleek look so I'm not looking to get saddles for it. But the back seat pad along with the rack doesn't change the look of it at all.
I also recommend the K&N filter and V&H slip-ons...
Get it..! you'll never regret it...

Old 06-06-2011, 11:29 PM
macipods
Stage III

I love it...
I bought mine about 6 months ago... and every day I ride it is an amazing experience...!
About the back seat... No worries... it's plenty for a girl in the back. Unless she's huge..! then there's no hope for her with any bike. It's time for a new girl.. not a bike.
I personally like the sleek look so I'm not looking to get saddles for it. But the back seat pad along with the rack doesn't change the look of it at all.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:29 PM
macipods
Stage III

btw.. that's a pic of my bike before any add-ons..

Old 06-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 636 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by macipods
I love it...
Awsome brother thank you! Im still looking to find one so i can see it and ride it in person but it does look great online! And usually if i think somthing looks great online it looks better in person. Almost 100% sure im going to buy one but since the dealers around here dont have any in stock im might just waite for a 2012.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Mcrider996
6th Gear

I have NO regrets with the purchase of my 2011 Vrod Muscle. My girlfriend says the rear seat is very comfortable but that she wants the back rest to have something to brace against when going full throttle :-)

I know Corbin make a 1-piece aftermarket seat for it that looks a little more plush for it but still has a nice look and style.

I've got the PCV and V&H 2-into-1 competition exhaust, no complaint at all but it is really LOUD!!

Good luck in your search and safe riding!

Old 07-28-2011, 11:19 AM
MISSISSIPPI RYDER
1st Gear

What's up peoplez. I have a v-rod muscle, 2011. I rlly love this bike. Whn people see it on da street, they d'nt knw what it is. They say it's HOT!!! But i hv this one thing. When I'm riding, and start to break it dwn... hit the cluch... it cuts off...???? But it starts right back up. It dnt happen alot. It's happens whn I brk it dwn from going FAST. Any idea wht is this???

Old 07-28-2011, 11:21 AM
MISSISSIPPI RYDER
1st Gear

Macipods, yr in LA as well.. Can u help?

Old 07-28-2011, 12:11 PM
MISSISSIPPI RYDER
1st Gear
Old 07-31-2011, 08:43 PM
outgood
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Traded my fatboy lo in for a 2011 V-rod Muscle. I wouldn't have it as my sole bike, but I have my street glide for runs, the rod is a great bar hopper and local ride. I just ordered the Vance & hines 2 into 1 for it and already have tuner. I'm 6'2" so I rotated my footrest forward and cut an 1 1/4" off the threaded shift rod linkage to relocate the shifter forward, much better with the extra 3-4" leg room.

Quick Reply: Vrod Muscle question?