2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Stage 2 torque tuning problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 08:37 AM
Koch
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Stage 2 torque tuning problem

If someone can help me out with this issue I will be grateful. I installed a SE Stage 2 torque kit in my 2018 FXFB. Since there was huge traffic snarls at my dealership, they installed the 107 Stage 2 base map and I drove back home. I was trying to Auto tune today with my SE pro street tuner when at the last stage of “Program Motorcycle” after showing 100% calibration it would abort the tuning. I thought maybe my recording had a problem and tried to reinstall the base map and go at it once again but again it would abort. Now I am worried that I have no idea as to which map the bike is running on. Is there a way to get the base map reinstalled. I was expecting the bike to be smooth since it was running beautifully with the Stage 1 tune. It has been anything but, the engine sounds rough with the torque kit. I have the SE Street canons for exhaust and SE air cleaner.
How does one clear the data in the VCI. When I checked my laptop I found the only saved file is what the dealer had in the VCI. The files which I had saved after the ride can’t be found in the laptop. Thanks once again for any inputs since if it can be resolved here, it will save me the trouble of going all the way in this heat and traffic to the dealership.

Old 04-18-2019, 03:26 AM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by Koch
If someone can help me out with this issue I will be grateful. I installed a SE Stage 2 torque kit in my 2018 FXFB. Since there was huge traffic snarls at my dealership, they installed the 107 Stage 2 base map and I drove back home. I was trying to Auto tune today with my SE pro street tuner when at the last stage of “Program Motorcycle” after showing 100% calibration it would abort the tuning. I thought maybe my recording had a problem and tried to reinstall the base map and go at it once again but again it would abort. Now I am worried that I have no idea as to which map the bike is running on. Is there a way to get the base map reinstalled. I was expecting the bike to be smooth since it was running beautifully with the Stage 1 tune. It has been anything but, the engine sounds rough with the torque kit. I have the SE Street canons for exhaust and SE air cleaner.
How does one clear the data in the VCI. When I checked my laptop I found the only saved file is what the dealer had in the VCI. The files which I had saved after the ride can’t be found in the laptop. Thanks once again for any inputs since if it can be resolved here, it will save me the trouble of going all the way in this heat and traffic to the dealership.
From memory I think the base map is not kept in the ECU. I would reload the Stage 2 Torque map and go again. If it was running rough just check that they didn't download the Stage 2 power cam map.Make sure your lap top is up to it.

Peace

Old 04-20-2019, 10:44 AM
Koch
Advanced

Thanks. The problem was that there was a FP3 tuner riding piggy back which I had carried forward from my earlier Street 750. Once I removed the FP3 I managed the auto tune with the SEPST with out a hitch. The only issue I am faced with now is that I keep getting DTCs P0131 and P0151 which are O2 sensors front and rear running lean. They keep coming randomly. Sometimes there is nothing. Is there a way around by adjusting the VE tables manually without changing the stock sensors. The other solution is to change to wide band sensors but that would involve drilling holes in the head pipes which I would like to hold on at this stage.

Old 04-22-2019, 02:35 AM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by Koch
Thanks. The problem was that there was a FP3 tuner riding piggy back which I had carried forward from my earlier Street 750. Once I removed the FP3 I managed the auto tune with the SEPST with out a hitch. The only issue I am faced with now is that I keep getting DTCs P0131 and P0151 which are O2 sensors front and rear running lean. They keep coming randomly. Sometimes there is nothing. Is there a way around by adjusting the VE tables manually without changing the stock sensors. The other solution is to change to wide band sensors but that would involve drilling holes in the head pipes which I would like to hold on at this stage.
How much auto tuning have you done ? Does it feel lean when the codes come up , thinking the sensors or connections might be us.The VE tables can be tuned with the race tuner not sure with the SEPST. Maybe put the stock mufflers back on and see if it still throws the codes.The stock mufflers should make it run richer by a tiny amount.It's on the dealership to get your bike running right as they did the work I believe.

Peace.

Last edited by Agoober; 04-22-2019 at 02:37 AM.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Koch
Advanced

I have done 4 auto tune sessions. Today when I rode no codes came up. I even cut the engine and restarted just to check and there was no issue. Incidentally I am on the SE Street Cannon slipons so it shouldn’t be causing any problem. Anyway I am taking the bike to the dealership on Thursday so let me see what they can do. With the SEPST there is not much you can do manually. Will update once I finish with the dealer.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:58 AM
Koch
Advanced

Just an update - I took the bike to the dealership yesterday. They reset the push rods, removed the O2 sensors and reinstalled them. At least that’s what they told me. Anyway now the bike is running smooth with no warning lamps popping up. I am hoping that’s the end of that. I am going to once again tune the bike on Monday and hoping for a great outcome.