Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What if I started putting some audio packages together?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 08:49 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts
Default What if I started putting some audio packages together?

I've noticed a good shift in this forum recently towards some pro audio speakers, and multi amp installs. I spent a few years chasing this audio unicorn and I truly believe I've found it with the right combination of pro audio speakers and amps. In August I helped my friend who won Daytona last year re-do his bike. That bike is hitting 133db and has bass like a car. I think it can hang with any bike in the country. After spending the summer doing some really neat installs I've been thinking for a while now about putting together some Area 51 packages that go great with an extreme build and other products that I found along the way that crossover for the more average rider builds. There's some interesting ways to wire things, some install tricks, etc. that I would want to share with each package. In my mind you get a box with everything you need from RCA's to color coded speaker wire, along with correct gains, EQ settings for that package etc. Stuff that honestly is missing on this forum.

Here's the catch --- I'm currently working in the middle east/southeast Asia in one of the worlds lovely garden spots!!! Otherwise I would've done this months ago. So here's what I'm thinking and if this works out the way I hope it will we'll roll out something great for the forum soon. I'd like to offer some help to a few guys doing their winter builds. I'll tell you exactly what to get, or I can get it for you from my contacts. I'll tell you how to install it, what to set your stuff at and in return you guys post a review. I do prefer "extreme" builds, so the bigger the better...but all are welcomed at any budget. So far I've had a chance to work on Gannicus' bike before I left (that thing sounds awesome right now), also Tailwind's bike when he was in Miami, I did the instal on Airtrafficdude's bike and most of you have seen the video. I've also been helping out 09Baggerdude and SBates with their upgrades as well.....so some reviews should start rolling in soon (so far their feedback has been very positive). If this turns out well, there are some logistical challenges that I have to sort thru from this part of the world and hopefully while these guys complete their builds and post some reviews that will give me some time to get things worked out. Worst case some guys end up with cool installs and share it with the group.

I will say this, I'm not trying to replace BT or BAB on this forum. I think those guys are fantastic and what they offer to this forum and the bagger community is invaluable. I do personally think there are some very sweet builds that I've had a chance to work on and that type of information is missing from here, and when I look on Facebook there's a ton of guys experimenting and taking the wrong turn chasing that damn unicorn. I read post from guys like Bunker and now Bertk using some pro audio speakers. I wish I would have had this going months ago and had the chance to help you guys.

So if you are interested drop me a PM. I'll grab 2-3 guys and we'll get some cool stuff going.

Last edited by haze324; 10-28-2016 at 09:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
FFZHD (11-03-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 09:43 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 209 Posts

I'd be interested, I need to redo my system anyways but probably just gonna be a Rushmore fairing system without any bag speakers.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:56 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Fellas, the time to swallow the red pill is right here. Pay close attention and know the journey here will take you to a place you can't come back from. Awesome to see HAZE go out and do this when he is as busy as he is now. Buckle up as your audio will never get to this point Without some guidance and expertise that 90% will not get to without this right here. Be ready to have perma smile.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:01 AM
BaddAzzBikes
Former Sponsor
Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
I've noticed a good shift in this forum recently towards some pro audio speakers, and multi amp installs. I spent a few years chasing this audio unicorn and I truly believe I've found it with the right combination of pro audio speakers and amps. In August I helped my friend who won Daytona last year re-do his bike. That bike is hitting 133db and has bass like a car. I think it can hang with any bike in the country. After spending the summer doing some really neat installs I've been thinking for a while now about putting together some Area 51 packages that go great with an extreme build and other products that I found along the way that crossover for the more average rider builds. There's some interesting ways to wire things, some install tricks, etc. that I would want to share with each package. In my mind you get a box with everything you need from RCA's to color coded speaker wire, along with correct gains, EQ settings for that package etc. Stuff that honestly is missing on this forum.

Here's the catch --- I'm currently working in the middle east/southeast Asia in one of the worlds lovely garden spots!!! Otherwise I would've done this months ago. So here's what I'm thinking and if this works out the way I hope it will we'll roll out something great for the forum soon. I'd like to offer some help to a few guys doing their winter builds. I'll tell you exactly what to get, or I can get it for you from my contacts. I'll tell you how to install it, what to set your stuff at and in return you guys post a review. I do prefer "extreme" builds, so the bigger the better...but all are welcomed at any budget. So far I've had a chance to work on Gannicus' bike before I left (that thing sounds awesome right now), also Tailwind's bike when he was in Miami, I did the instal on Airtrafficdude's bike and most of you have seen the video. I've also been helping out 09Baggerdude and SBates with their upgrades as well.....so some reviews should start rolling in soon (so far their feedback has been very positive). If this turns out well, there are some logistical challenges that I have to sort thru from this part of the world and hopefully while these guys complete their builds and post some reviews that will give me some time to get things worked out. Worst case some guys end up with cool installs and share it with the group.

I will say this, I'm not trying to replace BT or BAB on this forum. I think those guys are fantastic and what they offer to this forum and the bagger community is invaluable. I do personally think there are some very sweet builds that I've had a chance to work on and that type of information is missing from here, and when I look on Facebook there's a ton of guys experimenting and taking the wrong turn chasing that damn unicorn. I read post from guys like Bunker and now Bertk using some pro audio speakers. I wish I would have had this going months ago and had the chance to help you guys.

So if you are interested drop me a PM. I'll grab 2-3 guys and we'll get some cool stuff going.
I was actually planning on putting a thread up today along the same lines as you going my friend. I wanted to ask what products guys on here would like us to offer. The main reason we don't offer the full range of studio stuff is that at the end of the day we still have to make money to survive as a buissness. with alot of the stuff out there being able to get purchased at damn near dealer price we are forced to stay in the higher end market in order to keep the lights on. I would love to be able to carry anything and everything that you guys would need but I already know I couldn't match the cheap prices of the big stores like amazon and such. However I too love the extreme builds and I would live to help anyway I can whether it be advice or product availability. So my question is this....what would you Haze or anyone on this forum like to see us start carrying to help further this cause!!!!! Oh and sorry for the slight hijack.....I didn't mean too

Last edited by BaddAzzBikes; 10-28-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:26 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I KNEW IT... was just a matter of time. AWESOME "Haze".

you know where to find me...

Old 10-28-2016, 10:56 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

I think it's a great idea Haze! I know I for one am going to add an amp (as we have discussed...leaning towards the Tn 4 because of $). I think it would definitely help the forum to get back to what makes it a great source of information, which has been sorely lacking lately. I need all the help I can get! The innovation and experimenting with audio equipment driven by a select few on here, is what fuels this forum IMO! I am thinking that eventually I will need some SPL components to get to the next level, but with a limited budget, I will do it in small steps, so first I will add an amp! But again GREAT IDEA!

Old 10-28-2016, 11:04 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
I think it's a great idea Haze! I know I for one am going to add an amp (as we have discussed...leaning towards the Tn 4 because of $). I think it would definitely help the forum to get back to what makes it a great source of information, which has been sorely lacking lately. I need all the help I can get! The innovation and experimenting with audio equipment driven by a select few on here, is what fuels this forum IMO! I am thinking that eventually I will need some SPL components to get to the next level, but with a limited budget, I will do it in small steps, so first I will add an amp! But again GREAT IDEA!
Dude we're gutting your bike and starting from scratch!! You're on the list whether you knew it or not.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:53 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Dude we're gutting your bike and starting from scratch!! You're on the list whether you knew it or not.
Thanks Bro, being "on the list" means a lot...as far as gutting my sled...looks like I'll need to hit the lottery...lol

Last edited by Moto Mike; 10-28-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:05 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Thanks Bro, being "on the list" means a lot...as far as gutting my sled...looks like I'll need to hit the lottery...lol
I'll add a side note....all this secret squirrel **** has been going on for a reason. Lots of testing and making sure of reliability before bringing it to the table. Mike, whatever direction Haze sends you I can assure you that it will be golden. Being under some tutelage from Professor Haze, and I now have a killer audio system and I haven't even addressed the bags yet. Some of the guys here are going to be blown away at the possibilities and combinations that were never given a second glance before now. I met with a local guy that's in this forum as well to help him with some audio choices. His own description of my setup that he posted here in the forums was that "He'd heard outdoor concerts that didn't sound as good" and I only played it at half volume!! Things are about to get real fellas.

Last edited by SBates08; 10-28-2016 at 12:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SBates08:
Gannicus (10-28-2016), Moto Mike (10-28-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Haze, this sounds like an awesome opportunity and I am rebuilding my audio over the winter. Unfortunately already have accumulated all of the pieces but all of it was based on what I have learned from you and others recommendations . I would still be very interested in any advice you are willing to offer. SF

Quick Reply: What if I started putting some audio packages together?