Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FreeWire...........No Bass. No mid-range.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Had to google what a Sena Freewire is. Does the Boom HU have the ability to adjust EQ for a bluetooth interface separately than AUX or FM etc? Have you tried playing with the EQ while connected to the Freewire?

Admittedly, these are shots in the dark.

Zach

Old 01-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 364 Posts

Had to google what a Sena Freewire is. Does the Boom HU have the ability to adjust EQ for a bluetooth interface separately than AUX or FM etc? Have you tried playing with the EQ while connected to the Freewire?
You may be on to something there. I don't use any Bluetooth devices on my bike but I have used some Bluetooth earbuds with my phone and noticed right away the tinny sound y'all are describing. In my phone I have a basic EQ function and I was able to make the earbuds sound much better by using it.

I don't have any experience at all with the equipment y'all are using but I think Zed's idea may be worth looking into. I was surprised at the difference in EQ settings with the cheapo earbuds I had.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:45 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,277 Likes on 11,145 Posts

I haven’t used my Shoei set up for a while. I had it for using on my RiadKing, which I longer have. I have the Sena 10u Installed in my Shoei Neotech helmet. I used the Sena 10S to Bluetooth my CB and navigation via an audio cable to the helmet. I also connected my phone to the helmet via Bluetooth for calls and music..

Initially, the audio quality as you indicated sounded like crap! But, I eventually figured out what was going on. It seemed the helmet 10U haps two Bluetooth channels. One seemed to be hi fidelity and the other low fidelity. So, when I connected my phone to the 10U in the helmet, and the Sena 10S to the helmet 10U...it depended upon the order they were connected. I don’t remember which was which. But, I think the first...or maybe it was the second to connect, got the crappy audio channel. If I changed the order I;connected, I was able to get the higher quality channel for the music...and then it sounded good.

Last edited by TriGeezer; 02-13-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:55 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,277 Likes on 11,145 Posts

Damn...I can’t seem to properly edit my previous post. Anyhow, I just remembered I had previously posted on my issue with Sena. Here it is:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...o-quality.html

Old 05-17-2019, 07:17 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 590 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Thanks for the info mate. The only way to switch out the speakers that I know of is cutting the speaker wire and splicing. (I know, I know....I don't want to cut/splice either.).

It is a gd idea to call SENA. I will........for a better quality speaker with bass. Gd quality bass.

That is too small an improvement by friend. I would want bass to hit 10 easily. I love bass. So going from 2.5 to 4 on a 1-10 scale is not acceptable. Better but not acceptable.

Thank you tho!!

BuzzCap7
For BASS you are pretty much limited to in ear earbuds. I too like my dynamic and full range music. I can use Bluetooth ear buds paired with my phone, use something like Amazon Music or my stored MP3.

Other than that I use a wired connection to earbuds to get full CB/Nav/FM Radio from my 14 Limited. You can actually use BT Earbuds for music and as wind noise reduction and use the wired HD headset for CB/Nav, or use NAV on your phone.

Old 06-16-2019, 07:49 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 590 Likes on 309 Posts

Resurrecting this thread as now I have a Sena 20s and Freewire. Really is poor sound. But the 20s has a earphone or earbud output jack that takes a three-contact plug.

I went through my old box of earbuds and found a set that really sounds good. But you have to have the right plug on the end of the cord...two or four contacts won't work.

Also have to remember to turn off the BT on the phone before you turn on the freewire and 20s so they will connect first,a then turn on the phone to connect to the bike.