Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 RGS speaker upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 03:56 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
Default 2017 RGS speaker upgrade

Im looking to upgrade the factory stuff.. I have heard to many negative things about the boom stuff so Id like to avoid them. Even though it would make things much much easier to understand since everything boom is compatible. Id like to look at putting speakers and maybe an amp in, BUT I know nothing about what I would need to get. What would be a good set up that would allow me to hear my music better at highway speeds? What all would I need for the install.. Id like to keep the price fairly reasonable.. 600-ish.. Is it even a possibility with that budget?

Old 05-23-2017, 08:06 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
Im looking to upgrade the factory stuff.. I have heard to many negative things about the boom stuff so Id like to avoid them. Even though it would make things much much easier to understand since everything boom is compatible. Id like to look at putting speakers and maybe an amp in, BUT I know nothing about what I would need to get. What would be a good set up that would allow me to hear my music better at highway speeds? What all would I need for the install.. Id like to keep the price fairly reasonable.. 600-ish.. Is it even a possibility with that budget?
There's no maybe with the amp. Definitely need an amp for any upgrade. Definitely need the BT line levelers with your bike. You can do it for $600-ish

Start with this amp:
https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=110837693516&&&chn=ps

These speakers:
http://www.adcaraudio.com/store/prem...hi-end-coaxial

This line leveler.
http://www.biketronics.com/bt355-hd-...r-2014-and-up/

Now that pretty much blows your $600 budget. This is where the ish comes in.

You will need 8 gauge power and ground cable. 16 gauge speaker wire and a inline 50-60 amp fuse for your power cable and a set of stinger 1'.5" inch RCA's.

You will run the amp bridged to the AD speakers. Front fairing two speaker set up.

This set up will have you singing in the wind at 80mph. lol

Old 05-23-2017, 08:19 AM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior

Is there a reason to go with a 4 channel amp over a 2 channel?

Old 05-23-2017, 08:22 AM
Djcamis
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Or you could buy my Biketronics setup off my 15 Roadglide! and be in budget!

Old 05-23-2017, 08:26 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by sharpshooter
Is there a reason to go with a 4 channel amp over a 2 channel?
Yes. You're going to bridge the amp down to 2 channels. No good 2 channel amps out there with the same quality of the JL amp. Now you can get a two channel amp but it won't sound nearly as good. Trust me.

Old 05-23-2017, 09:34 AM
DeluxeCruiser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribed in order to hear about other options or opinions.

Thanks

Old 05-24-2017, 11:00 AM
Chucks1911
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts
Talking

Here we go again. I am gonna have to type my story out and just cut and paste it when this question comes up every week or so.

Do not attempt to talk yourself into just replacing speakers. You NEED the amp. Get a 4 channel, either to bridge it, or to add more speakers down the road. Do you use FM? If you do, the cheaper class D amps will kill your FM reception.

Get good quality stuff. Or you will end up like a lot of us with a pile of speakers, amps, etc that seemed like a good idea at the time.

Or, you can be like a lot of us and learn crap the hard way.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:04 AM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior

Oh, since the start of this post I have realized that I WILL be going with an amp.. Im just having a hard time nailing what set up I want to go with..And it doesnt help that I have no clue what Im looking at with all these different companies lol.. Any set ups that you guys are running and like would be very helpful.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:51 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 203 Likes on 165 Posts

Sharp, consider heading to the sticky at the top of the page. "the vid thread". go back 5-6 pages and pick some vids, have a look for the trends in products that people are using. There are some insane builds that might not apply to you but there's also some very modest ones that sound excellent. At the very least it will help you narrow your options. Or hell, maybe it will confuse you more.

Old 05-24-2017, 12:00 PM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior

I think I have narrowed it down to the Arc Moto 602's. Not sure on an amp yet.. Maybe a diamond audio micro 2v2

Quick Reply: 2017 RGS speaker upgrade