Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 SG Stereo upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 09:58 AM
East County Honky
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2016 SG Stereo upgrades

Thanks for all the info here which i have read and started my audio upgrades but its definitely a work in progress. I have the 4.3 head unit which satisfies me as far as features minus the navigation. ive seen people install the App radios by Pioneer, Kenwood, ect. Is their one that anyone recommends as far as a clean install without cutting up the factory brackets, ect?

As of today im running

Factory 4.3 head unit
BT 355 Line Level Adapter
Power Acoustik RZ4.3000d
Polk DB652's in pods

System sounds decent at best, plenty power from the amp. Running the amp on Flat with no filters, Fosgate recommends running HPF at about 80Hz on their 6x9. Any suggestions?

Looking to Replace the DB's with MM's or anyone recommend anything different?

Looking to add lids with 6x9's, any recommendations on lids or speakers? Are the aftermarket Ebay lids any good or stay stay from them? i was also looking at the Rockford Fosgate TMS69BL14 kit to cut in factory lids, but at $499 im looking at other options.

Thanks for the info

Old 09-14-2017, 10:05 PM
17rdgs
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up on my fosgate Install

Originally Posted by Roy Norwood
Thanks for all the info here which i have read and started my audio upgrades but its definitely a work in progress. I have the 4.3 head unit which satisfies me as far as features minus the navigation. ive seen people install the App radios by Pioneer, Kenwood, ect. Is their one that anyone recommends as far as a clean install without cutting up the factory brackets, ect?

As of today im running

Factory 4.3 head unit
BT 355 Line Level Adapter
Power Acoustik RZ4.3000d
Polk DB652's in pods

System sounds decent at best, plenty power from the amp. Running the amp on Flat with no filters, Fosgate recommends running HPF at about 80Hz on their 6x9. Any suggestions?

Looking to Replace the DB's with MM's or anyone recommend anything different?

Looking to add lids with 6x9's, any recommendations on lids or speakers? Are the aftermarket Ebay lids any good or stay stay from them? i was also looking at the Rockford Fosgate TMS69BL14 kit to cut in factory lids, but at $499 im looking at other options.

Thanks for the info

well ok I got the fosgate 6x9 kid kit done! Hardest part was getting the courage to cut the lids. But it was super easy template is perfect. The speakers sound really good but now I have lids I can swap speakers out of. Just trying to find a nice way to mount my amp in the bag now since the fairing is full from the bt2180