Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install Help...Pics/Diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 08:30 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Install Help...Pics/Diagrams

For the powers that be and do this all the time. I am going to attempt my first complete install on my own. I'm going to try and remember what I've seen done in the past, but don't think thats going to get me very far. Install is going to be in a 2016 Limited. At the moment setup is looking like an mmats 4100 or diamond 4 channel amp. Not completely set on speaks yet but leaning to hcx 165's or the wdx moto's. Will be putting in a set of ev-f 165's in the rear tour pack pods. I plan to run new speaker wire for the front and rears and am not too worried about the fade.

I'm needing guidance on the actual install part, pics if anyone has anything or a simple diagram. I can follow directions pretty easy. From the factory head unit, do I need 1 or 2 line levelers for the 4 channel amp and how many sets of rca cables? Does the install go hu, rcs's to LL, amp and then out to speaks or is it hu to amp to rca's to LL?

I hope what I'm asking makes sense.

Thanks in advance....

Old 05-23-2018, 08:40 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

If you don’t need fade just order a front LL from Biketronics. It will have the molex connector to plug into the radio. RCA from LL to amp. On mine I used y splitters from LL to amp to feed all 4 channels. I mounted it in front of the radio and didn’t need rca cables at all.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:07 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master

Originally Posted by InthewindMN

If you don’t need fade just order a front LL from Biketronics. It will have the molex connector to plug into the radio. RCA from LL to amp. On mine I used y splitters from LL to amp to feed all 4 channels. I mounted it in front of the radio and didn’t need rca cables at all.
So the LL molex plugs in at the hu, is it just 1 molex or more? 1 rca cable from the LL to the amp? Did you use 2 Y splitters from the LL to the amp for the 4 channels? I'm confused on the part about mounting to the front of the radio and not using rca's??? Thanks, do you have any additional pics by chance?

Where is everyone tapping into for their remote power? Are y'all using the wire at the top left with a quick connect plug?

Old 05-23-2018, 09:29 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member

The front LL plugs in next to the speaker pods, one on each side. I used 2 y splitters. Each LL has 2 rca jacks (left,right) so 1 rca cable.
I tapped into the cigarette lighter for remote, some use the accessory plug by radio with a connector from dealer.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:35 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member

This pic shows the connectors a little better

Old 05-24-2018, 08:26 AM
Blue Tick
Road Master

Originally Posted by InthewindMN
The front LL plugs in next to the speaker pods, one on each side. I used 2 y splitters. Each LL has 2 rca jacks (left,right) so 1 rca cable.
I tapped into the cigarette lighter for remote, some use the accessory plug by radio with a connector from dealer.
Since this bike is an ultra, will i need 2 line levelers? Also, I'm confused on coming from the HU. Is there a seperate molex that plugs from the HU to the LL, or something else?

Old 05-24-2018, 08:50 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
Since this bike is an ultra, will i need 2 line levelers? Also, I'm confused on coming from the HU. Is there a seperate molex that plugs from the HU to the LL, or something else?
the wires come from the hu to the speaker pods. On the side of each pod is the molex connector. Unplug those, one end hooks to the LL. The other end goes to the speaker, you will eliminate that pigtail and run new from the amp to the speaker.
You can use 1 or 2 LL. Choice is yours. If you want to have fade then you will need 2 and maybe a breakout harness. Call Biketronics and they can tell you what is needed for that, I don’t have any experience with the rear hookups. Some amps only need 2 inputs to feed all 4 channels, so if your not using the fader you may get by with one rca then run all new speaker wires.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:06 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member

This pic shows the molex connectors and LL you are looking for.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Blue Tick
Road Master

This is the LL I currently have available? Is this the correct one?

Old 05-24-2018, 09:30 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
This is the LL I currently have available? Is this the correct one?

that looks right for the front connectors

Quick Reply: Install Help...Pics/Diagrams