Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What flash

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 06:42 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
I was under the impression that the HD dealers couldn’t do the desired flash unless you have the Boom! amps installed. Is that correct or is it that they’ve been told not to do it? I have a dealer that will do almost anything for me if their equipment will let them.
correct. Dealers can’t do the flash with their HD software unless Boom is recognized. The options won’t show up on their screen.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:53 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324

correct. Dealers can’t do the flash with their HD software unless Boom is recognized. The options won’t show up on their screen.
I think that depends on the dealership. My dealership asked me if I wanted to flash for an amp or not when they did my bike. I told them no amp and just flash for 4 channel no amp like an ultra per recommendations from here. They could have flashed for an amp and in hind site I wish I had them do it. I wouldn't have to had it flashed again. im not sure just what tools they were using but I don't think it was HD programmer. Now I have no LOC or rca connections in line. Just molex connectors from hu to the amp with fade control.

Last edited by travelingypsye; 07-20-2018 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:00 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Stache18
I would love to get the LL out. I have played with the ***** on them and am in the camp that thinks it could be better without them. I am not going to start down the dsp path until he winter.

So my dealer will do flash for me. 2 questions,

1 what is the wiring adapter to go from the HD speaker out Molex to rca in for the amps? I am running 2 amps one off the front out for the fairing and lowers with PA and one off the rear out for the 6x9 lids. I use fade to try to balance a bit since no dsp.

2 what are the sound differences between them? Functionally sounds like I want the HD 6 speaker 2 amp flash.
you will not have fade with that flash. The boom system has to see a boom amp in order for it to give the fade option. If you flash to a 4/0 flash you get fade but not as flat a signal.
All the molex connectors are available thru vtwin audio or namz

Last edited by InthewindMN; 07-20-2018 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:09 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by InthewindMN

you will not have fade with that flash. The boom system has to see a boom amp in order for it to give the fade option. If you flash to a 4/0 flash you get fade but not as flat a signal.
All the molex connectors are available thru vtwin audio or namz
I have fade control and flashed for 6 speakers/ 2 amps. Never had a hd amp in play.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:14 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
I have fade control and flashed for 6 speakers/ 2 amps. Never had a hd amp in play.
interesting. The flash info I got from your company (RF) specifically stated you would not have fade unless 4/0 flash was used. JM gave me the same info.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:16 AM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,166 Likes on 2,938 Posts

The dealers digital technician use to be able to flash whatever you wanted. The moco took that option out of the program.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:32 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

So I am still confused. Can you get the 6/2 flash without fade if you don’t have the Boom amp or can the software not do anything except 2/0 4/0 when no Boom amp is installed. Seem to be getting conflicting reports here. Like I said sin my previous post, my dealer will do anything I ask as long as the software is capable.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:37 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by InthewindMN

interesting. The flash info I got from your company (RF) specifically stated you would not have fade unless 4/0 flash was used. JM gave me the same info.
I had the dealership flash my hu for the 4/0 to give me fade control right after I installed the system. When I had the audio shop flash it, they flashed it for 4 channel/1 amp and tried 6 channel/2 amps and it sounded better so that is what I ended up with. No loss of fade control.
Time will tell if it works or blows up my shix. I did rewire the amp eliminating the rca's and LL, retuned and it sounds good to me.

BTW I noticed my company (RF). lol

Old 07-20-2018, 07:40 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I had the dealership flash my hu for the 4/0 to give me fade control right after I installed the system. When I had the audio shop flash it, they flashed it for 4 channel/1 amp and tried 6 channel/2 amps and it sounded better so that is what I ended up with. No loss of fade control.
Time will tell if it works or blows up my shix. I did rewire the amp eliminating the rca's and LL, retuned and it sounds good to me.

You had an indy shop do your flash, correct?

BTW wife is happy with HCX 165s/TM400X4AD combo you suggested so maybe you are on the right track.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:41 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member

Does your fade work? I’ve heard of people getting it on the screen but it doesn’t function without the boom amp. I haven’t done any experiments with different flashes so I’m only going off what I’ve read, which could be bs.

Quick Reply: What flash