Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's this for a fairing setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 11:12 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts
Default How's this for a fairing setup?

I am looking for future upgrades, I want to be able to have a kind of plug-and-play system. I have the mounting plate for the PBR300x2 already on the bike, not sure if I will need to change that but will do what is needed. As I may add pods to my tourpak I want to keep the option for rear speakers open. I have just done the new RockfordFosgate flash and it seems to be working really well. The bike sounds good with Stage 1 Boom speakers and a PBR300x2 but the amp is OLD and I am sure the speakers are eventually going to blow putting that much power through them. I am doing what I can to mitigate damage but it's a matter of time.

So, here is what I am thinking:

Stinger SPX700X2
Stinger SVTK4681 Wiring Kit
MMAT PA601cs x 2

If I add pods later I will use the same speakers....or should I go to a 6 1/2" mini sub?

Thoughts?

Old 04-16-2019, 11:25 AM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
I am looking for future upgrades, I want to be able to have a kind of plug-and-play system. I have the mounting plate for the PBR300x2 already on the bike, not sure if I will need to change that but will do what is needed. As I may add pods to my tourpak I want to keep the option for rear speakers open. I have just done the new RockfordFosgate flash and it seems to be working really well. The bike sounds good with Stage 1 Boom speakers and a PBR300x2 but the amp is OLD and I am sure the speakers are eventually going to blow putting that much power through them. I am doing what I can to mitigate damage but it's a matter of time.

So, here is what I am thinking:

Stinger SPX700X2
Stinger SVTK4681 Wiring Kit
MMAT PA601cs x 2

If I add pods later I will use the same speakers....or should I go to a 6 1/2" mini sub?

Thoughts?
Sounds like a great 2 speaker set up. As for lowers, they would work great as well. A sub would do you no good for many reasons, subs need air (space) as well as you lose bass as soon as you get up to speed. What you are going to look for is a "punchy" speaker that provides mid bass and fuller sound with the ability to give you volume.

In the parking lot my 4 speaker set up sounds good, not great but, at speed it sounds great. If you are only going for a 2 or 4 speaker set up, you will have to also determine where you want the best sound, In the parking lot or on the road.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:16 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by cfave

In the parking lot my 4 speaker set up sounds good, not great but, at speed it sounds great. If you are only going for a 2 or 4 speaker set up, you will have to also determine where you want the best sound, In the parking lot or on the road.

So whats your system?

Old 04-16-2019, 02:11 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by cfave
Sounds like a great 2 speaker set up. As for lowers, they would work great as well. A sub would do you no good for many reasons, subs need air (space) as well as you lose bass as soon as you get up to speed. What you are going to look for is a "punchy" speaker that provides mid bass and fuller sound with the ability to give you volume.

Definitely on the road, I don't do a lot of parking lot jamming.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:09 PM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by big papa AZ
So whats your system?
Sony MEX70 HU, Arc Moto 600.4 amp, DD AW6.5/AT28s in fairing and Beyma Pro6wnd in lowers. The DDs provide the full range sound with that thump in the chest and the Beymas provide the volume at speed.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:17 PM
SOFTPETER
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Should sound good....not familiar with the SPX700X2 by Stinger?

Old 04-16-2019, 03:21 PM
madhunter60
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by SOFTPETER
Should sound good....not familiar with the SPX700X2 by Stinger?
It's the spx700x4 or the spx350x2. I think he may have just typed it wrong

Old 04-16-2019, 04:00 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Is the Mmats 601cx a mid bass or a mid range?

T

Old 04-16-2019, 04:45 PM
IArider1
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

midrange.

Old 04-16-2019, 04:50 PM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by IArider1
midrange.
I thought the Cx were a coax?

Juice

Quick Reply: How's this for a fairing setup?