Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ditching the Boom 2 and need Upgrade.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:44 AM
RunningWild7
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ditching the Boom 2 and need Upgrade.

Recently purchased a 2019 RGS and had them install the Boom 2 in the fairing. Went this way because I wanted it under warranty and didn't know any of the better options out there. Now after 6 months I installed lowers and plan on installing some speakers there. Boom 2 was good, but now I know there are better options. I've heard some good things concerning kits from Soundz and Biketronics and I like the idea of easy plug and play without having to perform any major surgery to the bike. I don't have a vast knowledge of audio so the kits do make it easy, but also limited. I know that I could probably get a banging setup with my budget so I'm open to suggestions to any pieced together setups for the fairing and the lowers. My budget is $2K. Thanks for the help guys.

Old 06-13-2019, 12:31 PM
Juice
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 442 Likes on 322 Posts

Best choice you can make! Get rid of boom.

What kind of music, what kind of riding do you do,what hole are we filling with speakers????

Juice

Old 06-13-2019, 03:39 PM
RunningWild7
Novice

Originally Posted by Juice
Best choice you can make! Get rid of boom.

What kind of music, what kind of riding do you do,what hole are we filling with speakers????

Juice
Usually classic and modern rock. Longer rides 75mph +. Filling the Road glide fairing and lowers.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:46 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Bump it ..... I’m in the same situation. Boom 2 in fairing speakers only. I want to ditch the Boom and add lower fairing speakers. Let’s hear some parts list for a complete setup. Recommend some amps and speakers for fairing and lowers! I ain’t no audio guy either, dumb it down please! I listen to everything, rock, blues, country, jazz

Last edited by Beaux; 06-26-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:11 PM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaux
Bump it ..... I’m in the same situation. Boom 2 in fairing speakers only. I want to ditch the Boom and add lower fairing speakers. Let’s hear some parts list for a complete setup. Recommend some amps and speakers for fairing and lowers! I ain’t no audio guy either, dumb it down please! I listen to everything, rock, blues, country, jazz
You are going to need to give us a budget. Also are you willing to install and tune yourself? Start reading threads around here in an attempt to gain some knowledge. It may be overwhelming at first but keep reading and studying and you will get it.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:47 PM
1FLTRXS8
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

any Audio Harley sells is not good...sorry

I ditched the HU, Faring speakers and added 2 to the bags plus an amp all non Harley couldn't be more happy

Old 06-27-2019, 05:49 AM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by eggwhite93
You are going to need to give us a budget. Also are you willing to install and tune yourself? Start reading threads around here in an attempt to gain some knowledge. It may be overwhelming at first but keep reading and studying and you will get it.
I have started the reads but it sorta gets old looking at so much different equipment. Money isn’t really an issue but I would say anything over $1200 would have me questioning my decision to do it. I ain’t scared to dive in but “tune”, probably have to study up on that .......

Last edited by Beaux; 06-27-2019 at 05:50 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:32 AM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

I will just give you one example which happens to be my current set up.

2016 Road Glide Ultra
Sony 5000 head unit
MMats MD4110 amp
MMats PA601.4CX speakers x4 (Fairing and tour pack)

With all the wiring and adaptors (tour pack) I needed to get it set up I am into it for around $1300. I then sold my stock head unit for $500 so im all in around $800.

I am very happy with the sound I am able to get fro this system and I felt it was fairly easy to get it tuned to a sound that I was happy with. Is there more in it if I knoew tuning better? probably, but I am happy with it for now.

If you read around you will see some patterns emerge as to what products get reccomened the most. I am not saying that my set up is the best but I am happy with it and came direct from many reviews and recomedations I read on here.

The following users liked this post:
Beaux (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 11:23 AM
RunningWild7
Novice
Default Biketronics

Currently looking at the Biketronic setup with the 4180 amp and 1650.3 Mille legend pros in the fairing. They don't have a flash available for 2019 boom GTS yet,but said soon.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:15 PM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

A lot of people have used that set up with great success. Just so you are aware though, that amp does not have any crossover or gain control. This could limit your tuning capabilities and future expansion somewhat. Their amps pack some major power into a small form factor but at the cost of limited tuneability compared to other amps. They are an incredibly great company to deal with (customer service) and the lifetime warranty they offer speaks volumes. Most everyone here would tell you to get their Line Leveler if you want to keep your stock radio and don’t want to use a DSP. I just want you to understand the tradeoffs.

The following users liked this post:
RunningWild7 (06-27-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ditching the Boom 2 and need Upgrade.