Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volume Differences BT vs Radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 09:49 PM
tylerfj24
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Volume Differences BT vs Radio

Ok so I have a 18 SGS with the 6.5gt radio headunit. It didnt matter whether it was stock or with amp and diff speakers. My issue is the sound of the music, it is substantially different when listening to radio vs the bluetooth from the phone.. The phone is much much lower than the radio.. If I turn the music back to the radio its extremely loud..

Is everyones systems like this? Is there a trick to getting the bluetooth to be just as loud as the radio or match the amp at least? Is this making sense?

ALSO I do know that there is a volume on the phone, I have it turned all the way up and the SQ deminishes, so i tried to set the amp up with it 1/2 way like it should be and the sound quality is much much better but like i said the differences in volume is astonishing..

Does anyone know if I plugged the phone in directly would that make a difference? just wondering if I should buy a cord and try it..

Old 06-21-2019, 10:20 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 416 Likes on 363 Posts

Tyler what make and model of phone are you using? I have found that Android phones often don't sound as good as iPhones do on the same system. On my Galaxy S7 I found that some EQ settings had been enabled that lowered the overall volume level. When I set the EQ to disabled or flat the overall volume level increased noticeably.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:25 AM
IArider1
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I also noticed that when I had my stock head unit on my bike. I quit using Bluetooth after that and just directly plugged it in with the usb cord.

With Bluetooth though when playing music through a stereo you want to have your volume on the phone 1 notch from max. Or like you noticed sound quality diminishes.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:28 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 387 Posts

Tyler
Make sure the volume of the phone in use is turned up when connected to the HU. My android phone goes to default volume setting (which is about half) when connected the first time.
As noted run the phone volume 1 click below max

Old 07-16-2019, 08:15 PM
tylerfj24
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IArider1
I also noticed that when I had my stock head unit on my bike. I quit using Bluetooth after that and just directly plugged it in with the usb cord.

With Bluetooth though when playing music through a stereo you want to have your volume on the phone 1 notch from max. Or like you noticed sound quality diminishes.
So when you plug the phone in what happens with volume then? is it different from using BT?

Old 07-16-2019, 08:16 PM
tylerfj24
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Babyboy
Tyler
Make sure the volume of the phone in use is turned up when connected to the HU. My android phone goes to default volume setting (which is about half) when connected the first time.
As noted run the phone volume 1 click below max
I have an amp and I actually set the gain to work with the phone in the middle of the red volume line. I felt the SQ wasnt as bad this way and I still have good volume.. I am really interested now about plugging the phone in.