Custom Models All custom bikes.

NEW PROJECT!!!! GL1100 GOLDWING... making the ultimate low budget touring bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 05:11 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default NEW PROJECT!!!! GL1100 GOLDWING... making the ultimate low budget touring bike

well my brother finally broke down and bought another bike... we got a 82 GL1100 goldwing... sucker runs great! needs a bit of loving touch, sync carbs, got a sticky float, new fork oil...odd and ends like that, but then we will powder the hell out of it, add a huge car altinator, TONS of lights, a 500 watt stereo with sub, and he will ride the **** out of this thing!!! his girl is stoked to finally be able to ride on the back of his bike again! he still has the pro street chop, this will be his distance bike... MAN I WANT ONE!!! SOON, SOON... till then we will build one hell of a goldwing! will be a slow build so he can ride it as we work... but here she is! it has a custom exhaust with strait pipes! sounds wicked for a wing! we are going to change that up to fish tails that kick back a bit off the back of the bags but what it has will work for now...
removing the top case is not an option either is stripping it all down to run naked... we want a touring bike... but any other ideas out there would be AWESOME!

his CHOP

Old 06-18-2009, 05:55 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fresh paint should have it looking pretty sharp. Maybe chop that windshield into more of a curve. Looks a little boxy right now. I got nothin else... Looks like a fun ride.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 PM
perpulreaper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had one like that nice bike just was never comfortable on it

Old 06-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Big Poppa Pump
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugly and stupid. You'd be better off tossing some high test on it and flickin' a smoke at 'er.

LMAO!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:26 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Whaaaaaaaaat?! That wing is sick!! Looks really cool.. that should be damn fun toying with that! How many miles does it have? I like those black rims.. look sweet. Keep us updated on that thing.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:41 PM
JRK5892
Banned

carbs are synced, float fixed... put on over 150 on it tonight... had no idea a wing would pick up the front tire!
adrian it has about 35000 on it... runs great now! GREAT!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 01:59 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good God,all that thing needs is a cow catcher and a caboose. Hope you-all have fun with it.

Good Luck

Tom

Old 06-19-2009, 07:46 AM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
removing the top case is not an option either is stripping it all down to run naked... we want a touring bike... but any other ideas out there would be AWESOME!

My thoughts....COOL BIKE!
  • I like the faded/satin red and wouldn't change it, has that worn look to it.
  • Like the black rims and fork lowers and would keep with that look.
  • Black out the crash bars, handle bars, mirrors and grab handles
  • Get rid of the big square reflectors
  • I know we're going for comfort and distance but I'd try to get a lower windshield and definitly go tinted if nothing else.
  • Get some projector fog lights and loose the 70's flood lights.
  • Change the exhaust but to be honest I'm not feeling fishtails on a Wing.
  • Swap out the mud flap for the Yosemite Sam Back Off or a Trucker Girl.

Last edited by skullhead; 06-19-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:16 AM
JRK5892
Banned

I LIKE THE TRUCKER GIRL IDEA!!!! we ordered some PIAA high intensity fog lights last night, reflectors will come off and bondo then re shoot it... no idea on paint, he was talking about having me shoot it in a heavy flake granny apple green yesterday while we where riding but who knows. i am going to pull off the lowers, wheels, crash bars, handle bars and basicly anything shiny and will blast that all down and powder it all... he is going to come by and pick out what black he wants us to use (We have like 1000 diff blacks in the shop)
then... STEREO!!! LOTS of boooooom! our goal is to make cars rearview mirrors shake! the gas tank is a false tank, so we are thinking of glassing that all in and building a box out of it for a 10 in sub, , may even make it down firing to make use of the small space, but i dont want any of it to be seen, so we will play wiht some ideas... trying to use some of the strereo gear we have laying around here... and there is a TON of it!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:24 PM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If it is going to be a serious road bike you might want to consider mounting lights in the bags for at night. Not marker lights but lights inside that come on when you open them. My buddy did it on his bike, makes a big difference if you stop at night.

Keep posting I like unique builds, get tired of just seeing Harleys.

BUT YES THAT IT WAS I WOULD RATHER OWN SO DON'T FLAME ME HATERS!!!

Quick Reply: NEW PROJECT!!!! GL1100 GOLDWING... making the ultimate low budget touring bike