Custom Models All custom bikes.

Thunder Mountain Chopper

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Foolsgold
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far the brakes work fine. As for the carb? Its going in the shop next week to try and fix a low speed hiccup. Other than that its due for a 5000 mile service. The usual adjustments, oil change etc.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Foolsgold
So far the brakes work fine. As for the carb? Its going in the shop next week to try and fix a low speed hiccup. Other than that its due for a 5000 mile service. The usual adjustments, oil change etc.
Which carburetor is that?
Have ya noticed any leaks from the fuel cell yet? I had a friend that bought, at the time, expensive to him, a hot rodded Shovelhead & the builder had secured the gas tank about so much, he wasn't a hack, just lazy--I guess. Well, he got down the road after trading a Mustang straight across & found gas dripping across his leg, not from TMC, but holy-Sh*t what a drag that was. Your all's stuff is pretty square so far?
Its a good Cycle?

Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior

Copper/ or stainless steel lines have to be a god send for any one trying to buy or operate a Custom Motorcycle, heh? Or at least good reinforced type rubber (I don't even know what that's called, except, pointing & saying--yeah, 2 feet of that--at the auto parts store) Those TMC's came like that, huh? They sound nice. I took a look at them. Not my style but nice.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:38 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
The following 2 users liked this post by dansax:
hvacgaspiping (04-17-2023), sorensentyler (04-18-2023)
Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior

Yeah I agree, I think the OP's need to spread some pix of those Goldenrods!

However here's some pix of from google--pretty nice Cycle w/ quite a bit of variety.

http://www.google.com/search?q=image...ox-a&hs=cyb&rl

The following users liked this post:
hvacgaspiping (04-17-2023)
Old 08-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior

You know why I call it a Goldenrod? Its because "it" has some very superior product to any "silverspoon" many operate; hence, Goldenrod, right? Of course I believe a "brat" bike is a chunk of lead...I do believe that "brat" will infect the mind & body, much as lead would. I'd say it to your face too.

Old 09-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Lawdogman2001
Stage III
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I'd personally like the wiring schematics of this bike. having some brake light issues when looking at the rear light harness I'm seeing only 8 connection ports in the harness but I found a ninth wire, just not a hookup for the harness. any ideas? btw here's my bike http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums/...719_124049.jpg

Last edited by Lawdogman2001; 09-28-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:27 AM
cruzer01
Cruiser

Originally Posted by qfactor
Hey folks. New here so don't be offended by my ignorance. I own a 2009 Thunder Mountain Keystone. I love this bike. For me - it has it all: looks, speed, big fat tire, lots of chrome, and best of all, the heart and soul of HD. I know many of you may not feel that this is a real HD, but I mean to tell you - the way this baby is built - it screams HD quality and reliability all the way down the road.

My reason for being here is that I do not see a lot of chatter about these bikes. I know the company went out of business. Yeah, they didn't know too much about economics, but they did build some gorgeous machines before they left. All with mostly HD parts! Mine has the Screamin' Eagle 110, Baker six speed, all HD controls wiring, lights, brakes, and instruments, all posted to a super stretch gloriously painted custom frame that is so well balanced, it nearly stands up by itself. I know I have heard some bad stuff about these bikes, but then how many people are actually posting threads to the forum when everything is working great?

I’d like to get some honest intel on these machines, the company, and who is riding these. Perhaps get some chatter going so we can help one another with questions, information, etc. I know I have lots of questions about my bike and would like to share them with some other folks who own the Thunder Mountain products.

So – is anyone out there riding a Thunder Mountain? I’d like to talk with you. Good or bad news. Send a note, post a thread. I’ll be in touch.

Thanks for reading and ride safe.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qfactor,
I just came across your post looking for other TMCC owners. I hope you still have yours. I have an 07 Keystone and its been a great bike! It still turns heads even at sturgis. Anyway, I have the owners manual in case you ever need any info on the bike. I am hoping to find other TMCC owners so like you said "we can help each other out"
Talk to you soon.

The following users liked this post:
Mconard (04-14-2023)
Old 10-05-2011, 03:32 AM
cruzer01
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lawdogman2001
I was thinking of starting up a forum for TMCC owners. Any thoughts?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there Lawdogman,
Did you ever start that TMCC forum? I just came across these threads looking for a TMCC owners group. I have an 07 keystone and love it! Let me know if you did start one.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Jameson
Road Captain

Im in the market for a TMC Baditude right now. Just custom enough for me Imo!

Quick Reply: Thunder Mountain Chopper