Custom Models All custom bikes.

Thunder Mountain Chopper

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 08:17 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Brake & clutch bleeding

Can anyone tell me how they bleed or flush the clutch hydraulic fluid in a Jims transmission? The bleed fitting is recessed in a cavity.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:09 AM
Paleface
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is totally different. Its on the front side of the cover and not recessed. I did drain mine from there and filled it from the same fitting to push the fluid up until the reservoir is full.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:20 PM
Paleface
Intermediate
Default Shotgun Shocks

Has anyone put shotgun shocks on a keystone?

Old 03-24-2019, 05:29 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate

I've always used Progressive. They're about as good as you need, unless you're racing...

Old 03-25-2019, 08:52 AM
Paleface
Intermediate

Hey Rainmaker hope all is well!! Progressive is what comes stock on the Keystone. I know you are a one up rider but I am 2 up most of the time. I need more/easier adjustment than you get with progressive!! Did you get your bike? Are you happy with it??
Keith

Old 03-25-2019, 09:31 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Paleface
Hey Rainmaker hope all is well!! Progressive is what comes stock on the Keystone. I know you are a one up rider but I am 2 up most of the time. I need more/easier adjustment than you get with progressive!! Did you get your bike? Are you happy with it??
Keith
Good to speak with you Keith...
Sharing resources and intel is always a pleasure and helps understand something another has seen. The new bike is on hold until it clears the Calif DMV. What a nightmare! Once done, she will feel whole. lol
Jessica, my Firestone, the shop just informed me the fender struts are back from chrome, and the damaged paint on the tank is fixed. I will pick up the struts this week, and apply 3M clear bra to act as a gasket when fastened to the fender. After that, the shop can put Jessica back together properly. The shop better not try to charge any labor, only parts. Then I will have a bike to ride just when our weather is in the upper 60's - 70's and sunny. I can't believe Jessica has been in the shop since Dec 1. She's gonna need a bath and full detail !

Old 03-26-2019, 08:02 AM
Paleface
Intermediate

Ride safe my friend!! Always good to talk to my " Left Coasty" !!!

Old 03-26-2019, 01:34 PM
Robert Goodman
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bought mine online from Dream Machines of Texas. They seem to keep them in stock. Quite a few Florida dealers seem to keep them around too. Check the obvious, Cycle Trader, etc. Just be careful dealing online, lots of ******** in that sandbox.

Old 03-28-2019, 08:39 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Robert Goodman
Bought mine online from Dream Machines of Texas. They seem to keep them in stock. Quite a few Florida dealers seem to keep them around too. Check the obvious, Cycle Trader, etc. Just be careful dealing online, lots of ******** in that sandbox.
I think a large percentage of TMCC are sold online. Most dealers are pretty honest about the bike's condition. It helps to have multiple conversations with the seller and LOTS of pictures. If the bike is close enough it's worth seeing before you buy. There's many other determining factors, so..... do your homework and buy carefully!

Old 04-21-2019, 07:49 PM
Paleface
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lawdogman2001
Well I have a 2007 Keystone with the SE 103 ci with 6000 miles on her. I have only had it a couple weeks and I absolutely love it. Handles great, once you get used to riding it. I hear alot of people talk about the handling and got to say its a raked out chopper not your every day cruiser. I know I'm gonna catch some feed back from this but I bought mine for $10,000 and it even came with the $1000 passenger seat. And no, there aren't any pro lens with it either just right place right time. In fact I entered into the Cessna car, bike and truck show and took 2nd place in the custom class. I just wish I could find an owners manual for all the specs. Ill try to get some pics posted of it.
Do you still have your Keystone?

Quick Reply: Thunder Mountain Chopper