Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power vision over pcv

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 04:11 AM
IornStreetBob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power vision over pcv

I was looking at getting a tuner for my fxdb when I do my exhaust in a few weeks should I just spend the extra 100 bucks for the power vision over the pcv becuase it can autotune? New to this stuff so not sure what to get my gut says the power vision just based on the fact that its easier to tune with. Any comments thanks guys

Old 10-22-2014, 05:30 AM
boro
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Don't know anything about PCV, but I've auto-tuned two bikes with Powervision. I'm very happy with the results.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:04 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by IornStreetBob
I was looking at getting a tuner for my fxdb when I do my exhaust in a few weeks should I just spend the extra 100 bucks for the power vision over the pcv becuase it can autotune? New to this stuff so not sure what to get my gut says the power vision just based on the fact that its easier to tune with. Any comments thanks guys
I think you'll be happy with the Power Vision over the PCV. It has lots more capability and is a great tuning tool.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:23 AM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have no plans of ever going past pipes/air cleaner than the PCV is fine, in that case you're not going for ultimate performance. I had it for several years and was happy. If you want to add more extensive modifications ( cams, big bore, compression )down the road the PV is a better choice. You can certainly use the PV on your stage1 bike and still be plenty happy with the results, but you'd never be able to tell the difference back to back.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:51 AM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did pipes, intake, and PCV and have had no regrets, been over a year and no issues.

Don't plan to do much more, though the PCV does have the option to upgrade and add an "Auto tune" kit..another $319, which utilizes O2 sensors & control modules you connect to the PCV, thus converting it to a closed loop system.

I have found my "open loop" (PCV) system to work well in all weather conditions...so far.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:13 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I also did pipes & air but I went with the powervision - I haven't used the autotune on it as much as I have down-loaded the maps to my computer and made my own changes - I've got the bike running faster, cooler & more efficient than before.
I also have the PV mounted to the bars and monitor certain gauges, my fav is the fuel consumption - it is ball on accurate so I never have to worry about running out on the road

Old 10-22-2014, 09:46 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

In the end the decision is yours , but for 100$ why take the chance you will want to do more later and be stuck selling your pcv at a loss. You really should read up there is a ton of information to be considered before taking a wild stab at it. There are also other fuel modules out there which can achieve the same results, but the support you get from fuelmoto + the price of these other modules being higher makes me lean towards the PV

If you noticed chronologically a pc-V is the predecessor to the PV so why dial down? right.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:04 PM
IornStreetBob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you guys for the replies I guess my biggest concern was that the power vision would do what the pcv will more I've been looking at getting it off of fuelmoto also best price and services. Think I'm just gonna run the power vision over the pcv and the fuelpack

Old 10-22-2014, 12:26 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IornStreetBob
Thank you guys for the replies I guess my biggest concern was that the power vision would do what the pcv will more I've been looking at getting it off of fuelmoto also best price and services. Think I'm just gonna run the power vision over the pcv and the fuelpack

Excellent choice!