Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frame mounted highway pegs

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 10:37 AM
enodrano
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Frame mounted highway pegs

I'm looking for pictures, descriptions, and/or suggestions related to mounting highway pegs to a Dyna Street Bob frame as opposed to mounting them on an engine guard. Also, my bike has forward controls.

Last edited by enodrano; 01-16-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:44 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by enodrano
I'm looking for pictures, descriptions, and/or suggestions related to mounting highway pegs to a Dyna Street Bob frame as opposed to mounting them on an engine guard.
We offer the Stealth Adjustable highway Peg Mounting Kits for Dynas and Sportsters. This kit comes in Chrome, Sano Black and Carbon Fiber. If your bike has mid-controls then this kit will work for you. Below are pictures of each.

Chrome

Black

Carbon Fiber

Hope this helps you out

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 01-16-2015, 12:00 PM
jcrumpley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your street bob already has the places on the frame to bolt on the frame. You can either use a set that came stock on the 2009 and earlier low rider or buy from DK. The stock low rider pegs are not adjustable like the DK pegs.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:05 PM
jcrumpley
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can see the pics of the stock low rider pegs in the photo below.

Attached Thumbnails Frame mounted highway pegs-img_0459.jpg  
Old 01-16-2015, 12:29 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

FWIW, I sat on a bike (not on a ride), with the Harley stock frame mounted highway pegs. Although I thought the ones I tried had some small amount of adjustment I may be wrong. Regardless at 5'7 I still found them a bit of a reach for me. I was planning to pick up a set of the DK ones sometime this Spring given their adjustability, they're also about $35 less than the HD ones.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:11 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

I think everything that they are showing you requires mid controls. I have now been able to find any that mount to the frame with forward controls. They may exist though...

Old 01-17-2015, 07:41 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
I think everything that they are showing you requires mid controls. I have now been able to find any that mount to the frame with forward controls. They may exist though...
Whoops, you are quite right, my apologies I missed that "small" key feature!

Not sure if these would work but it does say that they can be frame mounted. Kelsey from DK who answered you earlier might be able to shed some light.

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/BLAC...HPCLMP-BLK.htm

Old 01-18-2015, 10:28 AM
enodrano
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
I'm 6'4" and had leg cramp issues with the mid controls so I upgraded to forward controls. When I travel long distances I like to extend my leg all the way to relieve some travel stress. Right now I extend my leg forward and rest the back of my boot on top of the peg. It rests right on my achilles tendon and starts to hurt after a short time. My boot also vibrates off the peg in that position and I have to constantly reposition. I think the only solution is an engine guard but I do not like the look on Dyna's.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:43 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

I'm 6'4" and had leg cramp issues with the mid controls so I upgraded to forward controls. When I travel long distances I like to extend my leg all the way to relieve some travel stress. Right now I extend my leg forward and rest the back of my boot on top of the peg. It rests right on my achilles tendon and starts to hurt after a short time. My boot also vibrates off the peg in that position and I have to constantly reposition. I think the only solution is an engine guard but I do not like the look on Dyna's.
I'm not as tall as you but I do the same thing. With the mids I could barely be on it for 1 hour.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:50 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Did you look at that link I had in the post right above yours? You may want to give DK a call but it looked like those clamped to the frame and might not interfere with your forwards nor require an engine guard.

Quick Reply: Frame mounted highway pegs