Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to start...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 06:11 PM
09dynafxd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start...

Ok so I went on a spending spree and purchased a set of V&H short shots, stage 1 intake, and a power vision from fuel moto.

I then ordered a set of burly narrow apes (14in) with their cable setup, Arlen Ness rubber knurled grips.

Then I went to dk and got a tank lit (2inch)

Now that I have all these items to install I'm thinking my best route of attack is to pull the tank off, battery cover (wwant to plasti dip the silver strip) pull the battery, and box, left cover to access my plug for the power vision, get all the exhaust, and power vision squared away, then do the bars, cables, grips, then intake and finish it off with the tank lift last.

Anyone have any tips as far as making this as painless as possible?

Old 01-20-2015, 06:28 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Unhook the ground(-) side of the battery first. Other than that, get after it! Working on your own bike is a learning process that everyone goes through. Trial and error is a great motivator! Have fun, Spring is only 60 days away!

Old 01-20-2015, 06:30 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 09dynafxd
Ok so I went on a spending spree and purchased a set of V&H short shots, stage 1 intake, and a power vision from fuel moto.

I then ordered a set of burly narrow apes (14in) with their cable setup, Arlen Ness rubber knurled grips.

Then I went to dk and got a tank lit (2inch)

Now that I have all these items to install I'm thinking my best route of attack is to pull the tank off, battery cover (wwant to plasti dip the silver strip) pull the battery, and box, left cover to access my plug for the power vision, get all the exhaust, and power vision squared away, then do the bars, cables, grips, then intake and finish it off with the tank lift last.

Anyone have any tips as far as making this as painless as possible?
Save yourself some trouble and just unbolt then tank and slide it back. Just disconnect the neg cable, leave battery and box in the bike. Don't do your exhaust til the new clutch cable is on and screwed into the release cover. Get everything done up top before moving to installing the intake and exhaust. Don't forget poly bushing with the taller bars

Old 01-20-2015, 08:02 PM
09dynafxd
Advanced

I broke my vow last year to not turn a wrench on this thing since I payed as much as I did. I already pulled the tank which wasn't bad, I forgot all about bushings when I pushed my order through so I'll pick some up tomorrow when I grab my exhaust gaskets from the dealer.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:21 AM
fxdc_9613
Advanced

Originally Posted by monster715
Save yourself some trouble and just unbolt then tank and slide it back. Just disconnect the neg cable, leave battery and box in the bike. Don't do your exhaust til the new clutch cable is on and screwed into the release cover. Get everything done up top before moving to installing the intake and exhaust. Don't forget poly bushing with the taller bars
+1
definitely tackle the entire handlebar project before doing the performance upgrades. and don't remove the tank...it's just an unnecessary hassle.
save the tank lift for last.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:40 PM
HarleyDynaWide
Advanced

Relocate your front turn signals to your forks while you're at it. If you haven't already.