Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&S 111". Pulled the trigger.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 04:35 PM
knucklehed
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by XFXDX
Thanks for the info! I'm super pumped to take receipt of this motor, equally so to plug her in!

I've heard of dudes reg'ing their bikes out of state, to ol ladies and things of that nature, before. Sounds like a hassle...

I've talked to some folks that have had their cases swapped and it sounds like the DMV / CHP is only interested in that the new items are not stolen. I will keep my fingers crossed that that is the case when I take my papers to them...

Not sure the not for street use is due to the tune, but I doubt it's any dirtier... S&S probably just hasn't paid the "taxes" to get the appropriate EPA / CARB certifications.
any update here on registering that 111 in california? I just put one in my fxrt and have CHP inspection coming up.
I'm pretty nervous about it, honestly. It's an out of state bike, got my new plates and registration from the DMV, registered it with the factory motor, but they're holding the title until I get CHP verification. I thought I was in the clear when I put pulled the trigger on the 111, then that notice came in the mail saying go to CHP for additional verification.

Old 04-04-2020, 02:59 PM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow.... old thread. Sorry for never circling back to update.

Ended up buying a Rivera Lock Up Clutch for it also, installed it all at the same time. The thing absolutely ripped! Ripped it almost 15,000 miles (at least 10k) with zero issues before selling it to a homie. He’s been rebuilding it cause he found it was leaking oil at one of the valves.

here’s a video of it making 130+ torques and 123hp at the wheels! It was a ripper!

and one on the second heat cycle. Check the chop on them 585’s!

The following users liked this post:
Zedbra (04-05-2020)