Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Dyna Fat Bob Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Derek Redmon
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Dyna Fat Bob Issues

So I Have a 2014 Dyna Fat Bob ran the entire summer had no problems had all my services done on time. Pulled the bike out after this winter had passed and she was running smooth as can be. Two weeks ago fired her up and she was running rough as could be back fireing dieing when you gave it a little gas. Took it to harley all the did was a service said everything was good to go. Went to ride yesterday sitting at the light in neutral light turns green i have the brak pulled and pull the clutch she dies at that light and would not restart. It wasnt even registering that i was puishing the started button. So I pushed her home got about half way to the house and she fired right back up but had a code with it this time V INEER . I need some help im hoiping its an easy fix I need to get back on the road again thanks.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:06 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

V INERR code is the bike's shorthand for a voltage error, it's indicating a voltage issue, check your battery and ground connections and pull and re-seat the fuses; also you might want to do a search here on the forum, I know this problem has been discussed quite a bit but I don't recall the consensus as to the fix or if there even was one beyond keeping connections tight and free of oxidization...

Edit: OK, thinking about it and now I'm not even sure V INERR - voltage error, VIN error? Either way, it's connected to a drop in voltage and a loss of communication... silly error code hieroglyphics. I do remember some people believed the code was due to a bad battery cell, your bike may be a '14 but you might also consider having the battery tested.

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 05-06-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:56 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

The battery cover may be hitting the terminals when the bike is vibrating causing arching. This will give you the problems you are having along with that code. Same thing happened to me.

Reset the codes, take the battery cover off and go for a decently long ride and see if you still have the issues. If you don't, that's most likely it.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:38 AM
texuspete00
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine just meant the battery was dying. Eventually couldn't leave it sitting at all, like through a work day, or it wouldn't start. Before that a day or two. Error roughly meant the voltage dropped low enough that the VIN or speedo didn't properly report to the computer or something. A message translating to "replace your battery" absolutely have been more direct! This was on a 2014 FXDF as well on it's original battery. I had to replace it at the start of this season. It was doing all this stuff when I was going put it away for the winter anyway. No more VINERR.

Last edited by texuspete00; 10-06-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Krash26
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I had the same code, VINEER, on my SB and it was the battery. Once replaced, it was good. But, always putting it on the charge when its parked. That does keep it charged up, but the life expectancy for a battery for me has been about 2-3 years. That's it. Talked to other Dyna owners and some have the same battery life, others don't. No consistency....

Old 10-06-2019, 06:04 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 800 Likes on 577 Posts

I believe that keeping a battery on a battery tender constantly shortens battery life. Sure, it'll be ready to go when you want to, but after 2-3 years it'll go dead on you if you park it for too long. My last battery was used when I got the bike, maybe replaced just before the guy sold it, but can't say. It was still going strong when I sold the bike 6 1/2 years later. I put it on the tender for a day every month when the bike is in storage and never during riding season. YMMV...