Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Handlebar Encyclopedia

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 08:19 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Bars selection is a personal thing but to me no cruiser looks just right without Buckhorn bars. I put them on the Sporties, Softails and Dyna's.

Here's the set up on my 13 Street Bob.

Picture was a little too low to show the bars well. It was to show the 120R. However they were on clearance at J&P awhile back for $50. A real bargain. Since the bike came with mini apes there was no issue with the cables. If anything they might be an inch or two long but not a problem. Install was quick and easy.

The seat is stock but from a 10 Superglide that I traded in. The Street Bob seat had some creases that were uncomfortable to me. There must be a better aftermarket solo seat but I have not looked for one yet.

The V&N staggered short shots are not the best for performance from the engine but too me in my opinion they look great on a Street Bob so I picked them.

What I like best about Buckhorn bars is when you are setting in the seat and just bend your arms up the grips just fit your hands at a natural angle. Very comfortable for long rides. And at 74 with arthritis that is very important.

Last edited by lh4x4; 05-12-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:02 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

-Demon Cycles El Diablo 14"
-'11 Wide Glide
-One side was a piece of cake to internally wire, the other was a PITA, must have had a burr or something in there at the bend.
-Great riding position, way more comfortable than stock
-Chrome quality could have been better, already seeing some rust spots
- No wire extensions needed, ordered 14" Burly cable kit, ended up being too much cable, but I added 1.5" riser extenders and it worked out fine.
-Wrist angle is flat, bars come just beneath my shoulders?
-14" with 1.5 riser extensions

All in all good for the price; in retrospect would have dropped the extra coin for RSD in hopes of better quality.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:01 AM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

What bars they are: LA Choppers Miter Bars 10" with Bungking 1 1/4" lift for a total of 11 1/4"

*I also used J&P Cycles Solid-Mount riser bushing set. It runs about $10. There is very little vibration, I would say none but it is a Harley, and it makes the bars extremely stiff.

What the bars are on: 2010 FXDC

Pros: Narrow 28", 3" pullback, Easy Installation, Easy internal wiring, Cost $180 delivered (ebay), same as T-Bar but still different.

Cons: None, should have bought the 12" but oh well.......

How they compare to stock: there is no comparison.

Cable extensions required: No, I'm running all stock.

Wrist angle: No se.

And measurements/specs if you can: 28" width, 3" pullback, per the mfg's website

I like the fact that these bars are unique and not black T-Bars. I have yet to see anyone else running these bars but I would highly recommend them to anyone that wants the width and angle of a narrow T-Bar without spending nearly or more than $300.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Handlebar Encyclopedia-miter-bars.jpg  

Last edited by BFMCdyna; 05-13-2015 at 10:18 AM. Reason: additional information
Old 05-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 732 Likes on 405 Posts

12" Biltwell Apes on a '09 Super Glide Custom.

Not sure about cable length, the bike had aftermarket cables on it already when I bought it, but I'm guessing these would fit a stock Street Bob. Only thing I don't like about them is they weren't pre-drilled for internal wiring, but I own a drill so not a big deal. Very comfortable bars, and they match the width of the mid glide trees perfectly, which was my main reason for picking them. Never rode the bike with the stock bars, so can't really comment on that.

Last edited by Reindeer; 05-13-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:00 PM
MGregg85
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chinese RSD Vintage apes knockoffs

Dyna Handlebar Encyclopedia-blrvth3l.jpg

They're 1 1/4" diameter, stepped to 1" at the controls and risers.

Pros: comfortable, slick, cheap.

Cons: so-so quality, jagged interior that makes wiring difficult, crap welds

I paid around $70 on Amazon for these, I'm pretty happy with them. Didn't wanna fork out the $300 that Roland Sands is asking.

Old 05-13-2015, 04:48 PM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2013 Street Bob

Stock drag bars (Basically just FatBob bars and risers)

Same risers with 1" spacers and a Flanders narrow drag bar(28") Much straighter than the stock bars.

Current ones are 12" burly narrow bottom apes with their 12" cable kit. 1.5" la choppers risers and some off brand poly riser bushings.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:03 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

A lot of good lookin' bars. I'm thinking about these. I like that I could get the T-bar look but be able to roll the bars forward or back for comfort. http://www.bungking.com/adjustable-gusseted-t-bars/

Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 738 Likes on 506 Posts

Wild 1, Chubby Street Fighter

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Handlebar Encyclopedia-wild-1-bars.jpg  
Old 05-15-2015, 05:27 AM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like for someone to post up that .pdf chart of all of the HD bars. It was by part number with bar specs. I'm looking for a bar that is about an inch or so taller than the original FXDL bar and I think that was the stock FXD bar.

Anyway, its a great OEM bar chart that would fit right in on this reference post. Covered the original FXDB bars too.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:02 AM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Bentwrench
I would like for someone to post up that .pdf chart of all of the HD bars. Anyway, its a great OEM bar chart that would fit right in on this reference post.
This one?

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Handlebar Encyclopedia-hd_handlebars_f0b45869af29000ee6a6dbbe90c035c8444a5191.jpg  

Quick Reply: Dyna Handlebar Encyclopedia