Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keepin' my Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 620 Likes on 386 Posts
Default Keepin' my Dyna

The decision was made. I was trading my '09 Low Rider for a new 2015 Ultra Limited. Things changed when I took a test ride, however.

The Ultra was nice, but it was big, heavy, cornered like a beast and felt top heavy at slow (parking lot) speeds. The only thing I liked was the comfy saddle and stereo. I told the sales rep no thanks, put my title and checkbook back in my pocket and headed home.

The moment I rode my Dyna I knew I made the right decision. Weighing 100 pounds less, it felt like a fat chick got off the bike. The Ultra has a 103 inch motor. My Dyna has a 96, but it felt considerably faster, both in off idle and roll-on acceleration.

I might someday buy a new touring bike, but for now I'm keep in' my Dyna.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:19 PM
razors edge
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm a fan of the dyna as well. I have rode the touring bikes and felt like it was a large truck. But in the same breath my fellow riders tell me I ride a dirt bike so it's tit for tat. it's what you get used to. I'm keeping my dyna as well.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:31 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Ultras

Well, I know how you feel. I went ahead and bought the highway cruiser anyway. I did, however, keep the Dyna. So any time I get the itch to ride a very curvy road, just get a jones to feel free of any limitations, I hop on the Dyna.
The big heavy touring bike is great on the highway going from point a to b and haul a lot of stuff . I don't even want to come close to throwing that bike into curves all day long. By the time you get home you are worn out.
Each of them have a purpose. I don't want to tour on a Dyna either.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:35 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just saved yourself a lot of money!

Old 05-10-2015, 10:10 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

if I were going to ride cross country I would definitely want the touring model.. that's what they are for,, for local riding, yeah dyna is better.

hect you can put a stereo and some bags on a dyna easy enough, or even better good klisp ear plugs or a Bluetooth helmet set-up.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:14 PM
hAkron
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was going to sell my 2006 Dyna last year after I bought my StreetGlide. I just couldn't bring myself to do it...now I have both and that's the right decision for me. The StreetGlide was a 7 year old used model, if it had been a brand new one, I couldn't have afforded to keep both.

Old 05-10-2015, 10:23 PM
razors edge
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default packed and unpacked

made a run to Big Bend couple weeks back. Brought the kitchen sink.

Attached Thumbnails Keepin' my Dyna-iphone-672.jpg   Keepin' my Dyna-20150419_073351.jpg  
Old 05-10-2015, 10:44 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

I keep wanting to get a road glide or street glide but like the nimbleness of my dyna. I just haven't been able to talk myself into getting rid of my dyna yet.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything good saving money. True, them FL bikes will pound through miles. But being in the wind on a "knife" is good too.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:18 AM
Davdoodles
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

I've never gone wrong with the idea that I own whatever I'll ride everyday, and rent different stuff when/if needed. Those big barge things are fun when cruising two-up in the country for sure (and my missus hates the back of the Dyna for anything longer than a coffee run), but they're pigs around town, like cars. And I wouldn't buy one any more than I'd ever buy a... car.

Urgh, I really hate cars.

Quick Reply: Keepin' my Dyna