Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 ' cam sugestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 12:04 PM
ricksfatbob
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 103 ' cam sugestions

I want to do a cam swap on my 2014 fat bob . I have a stage 1 SE ventilator air kit w/ thunder header exhaust and a SE tuner pro . i just want to change cam only. Want good power throughout the band with good tq in mind. also need a great place to have tuned and install cam in NC or ILL

Old 12-01-2015, 12:20 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Many great results over in the Engine Tech section using Andrews 57 and S&S MR103 cams. Research both of those and decide, but either will get you nice numbers.....seen HP in mid 90's and TQ over 100. Lots of that has to do with the tune.

Since you have the SE Pro Tuner I would recommend Woodstock Harley.

Old 12-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Chase1961
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Many great results over in the Engine Tech section using Andrews 57 and S&S MR103 cams. Research both of those and decide, but either will get you nice numbers.....seen HP in mid 90's and TQ over 100. Lots of that has to do with the tune.

Since you have the SE Pro Tuner I would recommend Woodstock Harley.

Old 12-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ricksfatbob
I want to do a cam swap on my 2014 fat bob . I have a stage 1 SE ventilator air kit w/ thunder header exhaust and a SE tuner pro . i just want to change cam only. Want good power throughout the band with good tq in mind. also need a great place to have tuned and install cam in NC or ILL
I say to you what was said to me when I was planning the same thing. The HD service manager told me I already have the torque because of the weight around seven hundred. He convinced me the HD 204 cam was the way to go given the low end torque already the 204 is midrange and top end and I mean it is really top end. Its so spunky I still have not opened her up in first but I have in second from a slow speed and it nearly pulls the front wheel of the ground with no other outside help. Makes you're eyeballs feel like they are going back into you're head. Just my two cents but the 204 is the way to go. Good luck.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:12 PM
203Cree
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ricksfatbob
Andrews 54/57/48, SE 204, GMR's, TMans...... I mean, pretty much any of them will be a marked improvement over stock. A lot of them will REALLY wake up with mild head work it seems. I'm not a builder, I just read, and listen, A LOT. You have a great pipe for bottom end, so I'd say look for charts with the 54's or the 204's. They both come on a little earlier and carry out well. There are better options for peak numbers or top end power for sure, but both of those are good compromises. If you're thinking about any more work down the line, I would avoid the 204's and they don't seem to have as much room to grow with as some other choices.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:54 PM
chiefy305
Cruiser

great info for me also thanks... have a 15 bob and want to do cams only

Old 12-01-2015, 11:16 PM
ChromeBlows
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

curious,will the Vance and Hines FP3 adjust to a cam change without the requirement of a dyno tune from the stealer?

Old 12-02-2015, 02:37 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,459 Likes on 1,406 Posts

I am currently doing a cam swap on my '14 Fat Bob. After a lot of reading and thinking I went with the Andrews 57h cams in the end, but went back and forth in my mind for months before I ended up making a decision.

I am also having the heads done at the same time, so we'll see how the bike feels after her winter surgery!

Old 12-02-2015, 03:20 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeBlows
curious,will the Vance and Hines FP3 adjust to a cam change without the requirement of a dyno tune from the stealer?
You can use the FP3 to auto-tune the bike and get it 'close' to where it needs to be but there's no known substitute for a good proper Dyno tuning session with someone that knows WTH he's doing.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:39 AM
ricksfatbob
Stage IV

thanks for the info 204 sound good choice im not going into the motor for a few years and i can change cam again at that time.

Quick Reply: 103 ' cam sugestions