Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Glide alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:11 PM
b5mac
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Glide alarm system

Ok, I hate to admit this but I've had my 2004 Dyna Super Glide since August of 2006 and I've just found out that it has a factory alarm system. I thought the alarm system was an add on that you had to buy. The dealer didn't tell me otherwise and they didn't give me the key fob (remote activator) or tell me what the previous owner set the code to. Now they say that they don't have the original key fob and don't know what the code is. So, I bought a key fob and set it up to the alarm system. Can I reset the code? Has anyone on the forum ever done that? There is a procedure in the owners manual for changing the code but do you need to know the code first to be able to change it? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:10 PM
soup48
Road Captain
Default RE: Super Glide alarm system

If you have the ownersmanual on page 72 is your answer. If you don't here goes.To get the started turn the run/off switch to off. Turn the ignition key on/off/on/off/on. The bestway and the shortest without typing all the information would be to get a friendsbook or buy one. To modify existing codes, the existing code will flash on the lamp. To change the numbers like the digit 5 to 6 press the left turn signal switch onceor more to increase more numbers. Try what I have written and see if this will work out.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:07 PM
rainmakers
Advanced

Just done same with my 07.......look for past post by me ' instaling a pin'.......the guys on here advised me and following their advice it worked really well.........good luck

Old 06-01-2007, 07:03 PM
b5mac
Tourer

Thanks guys, I'll try the proceedure in the owners book and get it changed. I'm just really surprised that the dealership would sell a used bike without the pin number.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:03 AM
rainmakers
Advanced

Nothing supprises me these days.............................

Whoa.......what the heck was that ???

Old 06-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Pin # is stored in the memory. They can hook the bike up to the Computer and scan the memory and retrive it, (They should have done that for you) As per A.J.If you go by the dealer talk to Bobby in sales..

Old 06-02-2007, 09:20 AM
mhbetzer
Advanced

I have an 05 Dyna with the security system that I hardly ever use. From reading this thread though it sounds as if the "security" system would slow a thief down by about 30 seconds or am I missing something?

Old 06-02-2007, 09:53 AM
b5mac
Tourer

My understanding of the system is that when activated and the system detects tampering or motion, it locks out the ignition and EFI circuits. I don't know how long that would keep anyone from circumventing the systems but it wouldn't stop a wrecker from taking it. Anyone who is really intent on stealing your bike will do it no matter what kind of security you have. It might stop the casual thief, though. Anyway, the best defense you can have is good insurance and a .45!

Old 06-02-2007, 09:57 AM
insnedrmr
Advanced

It was mentioned that my 05 super glide has a security system, but I was never given the key fob. How could I check to see if its actually on there?

Old 06-02-2007, 10:01 AM
b5mac
Tourer

If you have the owners manual there is a section that gives you the procedure to turn the system on. Basically, I found out because I kept seeing the little red key light on my speedo and wanted to know what it was so I looked it up and found out it is the security system. Don't initiate the system until you buy a keyfob and set it up to the system. If you don't know the code to turn the system off it will lock you out of your bike if you activate it.

Quick Reply: Super Glide alarm system