Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advise Needed: Low RIDER S cable length Luck Daves Lucky-13 11" bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 10:12 AM
lowboy72
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nightsterept
I'm in the middle of my install; what advice does anyone have on installing the brake line so its bled properly without ABS codes. I have a vacuum bleeder by the way.

If any one has some specific steps to the LRS ABS brake line swap please post. I've seen conflicting advice on installing new lines and bleeding the ABS system properly....specific to the ABS-dual set up on the LRS.
I bought a Mityvac 6830 to do the bleed after the handlebar swap. No tricks or tips, just pulled an entire bottle of fluid through both calipers (left, then right). I had solid brakes and no codes upon completion.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:13 PM
nightsterept
Road Captain
Received 342 Likes on 189 Posts

The inatall is complate. I was way over thinking bleeding the lines with ABS....just normal brake bleeding steps worked fine (firm front brake lever and no error messages).

The +8" on the brake line worked out great as did the 65" clutch line. I feel the +8" brake line was perfect and I could have gone to 67" honestly on the clutch.

The hardest part of the install by far was getting all the wires on the right side (TBW side) through the bar...this by far took the most time out of the whole install. All in all, pretty straight forward and the higher bars with the slight pull back are much, much, more comfortable than the stock LRS bars, plus the internal wiring really cleans things up vs stock.

The following users liked this post:
WarKat (02-10-2024)
Old 03-04-2017, 05:18 PM
nightsterept
Road Captain
Received 342 Likes on 189 Posts
ebusa (04-17-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 12:12 PM
RedPandaMonium
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the review and photos! You convinced me to order the 11" Lucky 13's for my FXDLS right now.

Should I go 65" or 67" on the clutch?

Old 04-28-2017, 02:04 AM
RedPandaMonium
Intermediate

Install done! It took 5 hours with a Moto Guild mechanic guiding me. I've turned a wrench a couple times in my life, but this was definitely challenging my skill level. I don't know why I thought it'd be easier. Still the bars feel much better already.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:47 PM
nldoszfxdls
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nightsterept
The inatall is complate. I was way over thinking bleeding the lines with ABS....just normal brake bleeding steps worked fine (firm front brake lever and no error messages).

The +8" on the brake line worked out great as did the 65" clutch line. I feel the +8" brake line was perfect and I could have gone to 67" honestly on the clutch.

The hardest part of the install by far was getting all the wires on the right side (TBW side) through the bar...this by far took the most time out of the whole install. All in all, pretty straight forward and the higher bars with the slight pull back are much, much, more comfortable than the stock LRS bars, plus the internal wiring really cleans things up vs stock.

What brake line did you use? Brand? Exact length? Did you also have to swap the ABS cable? I am looking to have this same setup on my LRS. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:54 PM
RedPandaMonium
Intermediate

I used Magnum Shielding and went with the sizes @nightsterept suggested, including the 67" on the clutch. Something I just noticed today was the brake line interferes with the wheel lock. Will investigate in the daylight.

Black Pearl Clutch Cable 42208HE 1 $99.95
BP Designer ABS Upper Brake 90° 10mm 28" AS47228 1 $62.95
BP Designer ABS Dual Disc Lower FXDF AS47006 1 $249.95

Attached Thumbnails Advise Needed: Low RIDER S cable length Luck Daves Lucky-13 11" bars-img_3567.jpg   Advise Needed: Low RIDER S cable length Luck Daves Lucky-13 11" bars-img_3569.jpg  

Last edited by RedPandaMonium; 04-28-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:03 AM
nldoszfxdls
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RedPandaMonium
I used Magnum Shielding and went with the sizes @nightsterept suggested, including the 67" on the clutch. Something I just noticed today was the brake line interferes with the wheel lock. Will investigate in the daylight.

Black Pearl Clutch Cable 42208HE 1 $99.95
BP Designer ABS Upper Brake 90° 10mm 28" AS47228 1 $62.95
BP Designer ABS Dual Disc Lower FXDF AS47006 1 $249.95
Both the upper and lower brake line assembly need to be swapped? Could I just do the upper line?

WarKat (02-10-2024)
Old 04-29-2017, 10:34 AM
RedPandaMonium
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nldoszfxdls
Both the upper and lower brake line assembly need to be swapped? Could I just do the upper line?
I honestly don't know so hopefully someone else chimes in. I was just going with what others on this forum/thread said was required.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:16 AM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by nldoszfxdls
Keeping things simple you cannot just use a new longer upper brake line. Go look at your "T" or brake line upper to lower manifold and it will be apparent. The stock FXDLS front brake lines all the way to the M/C is one piece.

Quick Reply: Advise Needed: Low RIDER S cable length Luck Daves Lucky-13 11" bars