Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advise Needed: Low RIDER S cable length Luck Daves Lucky-13 11" bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 03:50 PM
nightsterept
Road Captain
Received 342 Likes on 189 Posts
Default Advise Needed: Low RIDER S cable length Luck Daves Lucky-13 11" bars

I am looking to install Lucky Daves 11" Lucky 13 bars on my 2016 Low Rider S. I've searched the forums and I've seen reference to 13", 14", ect bars, but no 11" on the Low Rider S....I'm hoping to get feedback or advise on which brake cable length and clutch cable length I'll need for a Low Rider S.

(I understand the Fat Bob dual line ABS brake cable is the proper choice)

Old 02-21-2017, 04:08 PM
rlmharley
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I would suggest 12" Barnett or Burley. They make some great cables but they're not cheap. You might, and I say might but I wouldn't push it get away with the stock brake line only. I've got 3in DK riser extensions which my bars are now at 8" and my clutch cable is maxed out there is still some play in the brake lines but not much. Search the forum there is a lot of discussion about this topic. Hope this helps you out a little.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:44 AM
nightsterept
Road Captain

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping to get the clutch and brake cables sorted out/ordered before the bars arrive.

Does anyone know specifically the +" brake line needed and the clutch cable length needed for 11" rise Lucky Daves bars? I understand that the FXDF dual ABS brake line is a direct replacement for the Low Rider S ABS line....I just need to know which +" length to order for 11" bars.

Thanks

Old 02-22-2017, 12:22 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

It is very hard to do (because you'll want to put them on right away and ride) but the best way will be to mount up your bars and then make measurements with some mock up tubing or fuel line...

That way you could order exactly what length you wanted.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Relbus
Cruiser
Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

This was posted in another thread about T bars. Comradwes was running 12" Mx Tbars. So this should be REAL close to what you need. I am going with 10" and intend to go with the 26" line, and subtract 2" from the clutch cable he ordered. I assume that will be about perfect. The lower brake lines should be the same as whats listed below. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by comradwes
Got my 16 Lowrider S changing bars here is what's required:

Clutch Cable:
Magnum Shielding Black Pearl Designer Series Standard Length High Efficiency Clutch Cable - 422010HE
Part # 1903449around 80$

Lower Brake Lines:
Magnum Shielding Black Pearl Designer Series ABS Dual Disc Lower Brake Line - AS47006
Part # 1910478 around $199-250

Upper Brake Line:
Magnum Shielding Black Pearl Designer Series 28 in. ABS Front Upper Brake Line for Softails w/7/16 in./90° Banjo - AS47328
Part # 1909673 Around $60

Transmission Cable cover gasket, oil, brake fluid

If you bike is equipped with ABS make sure to get ABS lines!!!

stock wiring is long enough for 12" bars

Old 02-22-2017, 02:13 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Relbus
This was posted in another thread about T bars. Comradwes was running 12" Mx Tbars. So this should be REAL close to what you need. I am going with 10" and intend to go with the 26" line, and subtract 2" from the clutch cable he ordered. I assume that will be about perfect. The lower brake lines should be the same as whats listed below. Hope this helps.
That banjo fitting that comrad has written for his upper brake line is too big for a LRS.

The following users liked this post:
Relbus (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 03:32 PM
TacRat
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about the same bars. Let us know how it works out and post pictures.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:51 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by nightsterept
I am looking to install Lucky Daves 11" Lucky 13 bars on my 2016 Low Rider S. I've searched the forums and I've seen reference to 13", 14", ect bars, but no 11" on the Low Rider S....I'm hoping to get feedback or advise on which brake cable length and clutch cable length I'll need for a Low Rider S.

(I understand the Fat Bob dual line ABS brake cable is the proper choice)
I ran 12" and used Fat Bob ABS +6 and +6 clutch on mine. My clutch cable is a bit long, but then again your bars will have a little extra pull back. +5 will work, if you are willing to risk it, maybe a +4 clutch and a +5 brake. Here is a pic of mine that I just walked out and took. You can see the clutch cable looks wonky. I've often thought of buying a +4 just to see if it will work to clean things up. The brake line is a perfect fit.

Last edited by BFMCdyna; 02-22-2017 at 06:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dpgoodness (02-23-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 07:31 PM
nightsterept
Road Captain

Thank you for everyone' response. I am going with the +8" brake line listed on the classified section from another member....although I know +6" would work. For the clutch I still have to do some measurements before I purchase something. I'll post a pic once it's all installed. The extra +2" on the brake doesn't concern me as there is room to bend it out further in a couple spots to take care of that extra 2".....the clutch cable is much harder to 'hide' extra slack; so I'll have do some more research on that.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:29 AM
nightsterept
Road Captain

I'm in the middle of my install; what advice does anyone have on installing the brake line so its bled properly without ABS codes. I have a vacuum bleeder by the way.

If any one has some specific steps to the LRS ABS brake line swap please post. I've seen conflicting advice on installing new lines and bleeding the ABS system properly....specific to the ABS-dual set up on the LRS.

Quick Reply: Advise Needed: Low RIDER S cable length Luck Daves Lucky-13 11" bars