Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Guyz

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 08:02 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Sorry for the craptastic images, she's up on the J&S having her front forks worked on. With the Jagg thermostatic adapter removed the kit is plumbed from the 45° 'out' of the engine adapter to the lower fitting of the Jagg core, out at the upper fitting on the core to the 'in' of the oil filter mount, and back to the 'in' of the engine adapter.

You can see what causes my problems Of course right after I took these images I realized you could see the markings on the hose running to the 'in' of the oil filter mount so I removed it and rotated it; desire walks on

Old 04-21-2017, 06:49 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

I'm installing mine as soon as I get some spare hose. Knowing me, I'll screw up and will end up having to cut off the hose, so I want spare.

I see push-lok hose on Amazon, do you know what size is used? AN6 or 8?

Thanks

Old 04-21-2017, 07:16 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I'm installing mine as soon as I get some spare hose. Knowing me, I'll screw up and will end up having to cut off the hose, so I want spare.

I see push-lok hose on Amazon, do you know what size is used? AN6 or 8?

Thanks
Just take your time, you won't screw it up You're good! Just use a good hose cutter, that reinforced hose is tough. When you go to do the push-loc fittings put a bit of oil on the fitting and a drop in the hose; put the fitting down on the floor or something solid, align the end of the hose squarely on the fitting and slightly slide it on and then with one quick motion push it on; bottom it out on the fitting. The hose with the 3Guyz kit is marked 10mm/3/8"; that would be 6AN.

If I can fumble around in there and get it I know you can get it done right out of the box

The following users liked this post:
Mchad (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 08:20 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
Just take your time, you won't screw it up You're good! Just use a good hose cutter, that reinforced hose is tough. When you go to do the push-loc fittings put a bit of oil on the fitting and a drop in the hose; put the fitting down on the floor or something solid, align the end of the hose squarely on the fitting and slightly slide it on and then with one quick motion push it on; bottom it out on the fitting. The hose with the 3Guyz kit is marked 10mm/3/8"; that would be 6AN.

If I can fumble around in there and get it I know you can get it done right out of the box

I appreciate your confidence, however misguided! Thanks for the info. Ignore my PM. Thanks buddy.

The following users liked this post:
TinCupChalice (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 08:25 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

"one quick motion" Preach, brother!

I do a lot of Parker Push-Lok Plus hose assembly, though never as small as -6, and you don't want to stop pressing if assembling by hand. The -10 and -12 are basically impossible to restart once stopped midway. You CAN rotate the fitting in the hose if the fittings aren't clocked correctly.

The following 2 users liked this post by cggorman:
Mchad (04-21-2017), TinCupChalice (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 10:03 AM
Mchad
Club Member

You'll see a post from me when I either succeed or screw it up.

I really tried hard to avoid saying: "I'll lube it up and ram it home good" - I really did.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:25 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

This relocation kit is on my list of items to get.

I was reading a recent copy of Cycle Source (I think it was that mag) and they showed how to make a relocation bracket, it was an interesting article, only wish they had shown how to make the part needed that goes at the oil housing. The relocation bracket they made seemed very simple and cheap to make.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:41 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

You guys that run both the relocated filter and an oil cooler, how do you run the lines? I would assume that it would be oil out of the motor to the filter then to the cooler and back into the motor, this would keep the cooler cleaner, correct?

Old 04-21-2017, 02:46 PM
dpoll995
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I just ran the lines like the directions said to, but I'm pretty sure that's how the flow goes..

Old 04-21-2017, 03:09 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by blueangel73
You guys that run both the relocated filter and an oil cooler, how do you run the lines? I would assume that it would be oil out of the motor to the filter then to the cooler and back into the motor, this would keep the cooler cleaner, correct?
Has to be cooler first then relocater. Unless you're daisy chaining like TCC did, as the relocation kit is the last thing on the stack. So in my case, it's Ultracool, then relocation.

Quick Reply: 3 Guyz