Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced fuel filter - Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 07:52 PM
Flinter
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Replaced fuel filter - Question

Over the weekend I replaced the fuel filter on my 2011 Street Bob. While I was in there (boy what a pain!) I also replaced the line that runs to the bottom of the gas tank. It came with the disconnect. I think this is the "check valve" line.

Now, I noticed there is another line that appears to run from the filter to the actual pump? Does anyone know the official name or part number for that other hose? I haven't buttoned up my tank yet and I'd like to go ahead and replace it too. My dealer was having trouble finding the part number. All they could tell me was that it was included with a new fuel pump. For 190 bucks I'll take it to the forum first.

I have seen the submersible rubber hose thread. I'd rather not go that way if I don't have to. I'd like to just get the actual OEM hose with fittings.

Thanks.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:10 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

I bought a fuel pump kit for my car from this place below, they carry that type of fuel line you're looking for. If you want the factory Harley Davidson line it only comes attached to the fuel pump.

http://www.racetronix.biz/searchresu...=Fuel+Tube&Tp=

Also search Google: https://www.google.com/#q=corrugated+fuel+line

FEATURES:

Made of high-tech plastic
Superior to all types of natural and synthetic rubber hoses (including SAE 30R7/9/10)
Highly resistant to solvents / chemicals in modern pump and race gas
Ethanol (E-10 / E-85) compatible
Corrugated construction allows for tight bend radiuses and resistance to kinking
Isolates / reduces noise which is a byproduct of pump pulsations
High-flow capacity
Mandatory for all modern cars and trucks which no longer use rubber components in their fuel system

Modern fuel systems no longer use rubber components because of their incompatibility with modern enhanced pump gas which contains ethanol and other solvents such as toluene, xylene and MTBE. Unlike these flex tubes, rubber hose will break down very quickly when exposed to these types of fluids. This will allow vapors to leach into the atmosphere and cause the hose to swell and burst. Rubber particles may also contaminate a modern fuel system causing jet pumps, siphon pumps, check valves, regulators, diverters and injectors to fail. When replacing a fuel pump in a new fuel system, it is imperative that a new fuel tube be used. Racetronix uses fuel tubes in all of its late-model fuel pump assemblies to guarantee compatibly and reliability with the factory fuel system.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:08 AM
Flinter
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the help. I'll have to figure out the diameter/length and give that sight a try.

No way do I want to buy a fuel pump just to get that 10 dollar line!

Old 04-18-2017, 06:30 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

I replaced the internal tank hose from the pump with the check valve on my son's 2004 FXDLI because the check valve was leaking. I believe the part I used was HD pn 62194-04B and is listed as a check valve output. It is pricey at around $55 but it is easy to replace while you have the tank apart.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:59 PM
TerryMcQ
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

skinman, by check valve, do you mean the check valve in the quick-connect fitting outside the tank that connects to the hose inside the tank?