Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satans Dyna Fxrt Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 11:02 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Oh you way down there

Old 05-30-2017, 08:51 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I always like watching build threads, always some new twist to a build. I like contrasting black covers, but a little breakup is also good here and there. Looking forward to see where you take this.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:24 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Qdog002
Pretty cool. Top rockers gloss black, lowers chrome or silver for small contrast. Everything black kind of lets your eyes just glaze over the nice details instead of noticing them IMO
I agree with what your saying. Everything black will hide all the little details which could be a bad thing. But I think for this build I don't mind. You'll see when I get the paint. Everything will be "fly under the radar" so to speak.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:26 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Awesome way to track progress and allow other members to gain ideas/knowledge. Good luck w/your future in bike wrench'n and can't wait to see how your ride transforms into awesomeness.
thanks! After i graduate im going for more schooling. I already have multiple jobs lined up so everything is going great so far.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:34 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced

Originally Posted by streetjoebob
looks super awesome dude.

where are you going to school at? do you enjoy the school? (i know you probably dont have much to compare too, haha)
powersport institute. Do I enjoy it ? I mean it's ok and I learned a lot. you have to deal with so much bullshit I wouldn't do it again that's for sure. I do have a lot to compare it too actually haha. I went to school for business, airframe and Power plant certs, motorcycles , and after this im going back to school.

like anything if your heart isn't in it, your gonna have a hard time staying with it. And for PSI, you better have a lot of love for motorcycles because it seems like they will do everything they can to make you hate the industry haha.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:35 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sunday
Where are you located at in Ohio. Hopefully soon I'll have an FXRT fairing, I'm in SE Ohio.
Cleveland. Hell yea I'd love to see some pics when you get it.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:16 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced

So my computer got hacked and I just figured out how to reply to multiple people at once on my phone before it was too late.

Anyways, didn't get to much done today but I'll share some things as I wait on the powdercoating oven.

so my builtwell tracker bars that I got from lowbrow were scratched to hell so I stopped in and got new ones. They also had some grey grips for 8 bucks that I scored. Stoked on that because they are hard to find and they will match the theme of the bike perfectly.

Here you can see the grips I got. Also drilled the bars to run my wires internally. Not a pretty job, but I was more worried about making sure there were no burs or anything to harm the wiring. If I had access to a mill at school it would of came out the way I would of liked. You won't see any of the holes anyways.

previously I mounted my fender back in place and torqued her down. The bags I ordered mount to the stock turn signal location so I had to figure out how to run new lights.

Got this flush mount plate setup from custom dynamics. Super bright and really clean looking. I took 2 days to align it properly and used calipers to make sure. **** like that pisses me off if it's not perfect. Drilled the holes and temporarily mounted it up. Got a sweet license plate coming in the mail too. Devil themed of course. They turned down my first custom plate for being offensive: "666FU" haha

top right of the fender you can see a dent I need to pull. Luckily I used to work at a body shop. I'm not sure what happened but there are two dynas at school with the exact same dent.

when I got home from school i had a surprise in the mail. 3 weeks later and lots of money it finally showed.

Lucky daves tuck n roll with grey logo accent. Anyone guess the color my bike is going to be yet?

had to go with the tuck n roll because everyone and their mothers has the double diamond stitch. Plus the tuck n roll looks more classy to me. Super happy with the quality .

I ordered passenger peg mounts and a sissy bar today. I don't really want to run the sissy bar and may not if it doesn't flow with the bike. But it's nice for chicks and my bar bag. picked up some pins from the 80s. Ordering a custom derby cover (pretty obvious what it will be) and will have a custom points cover made. I'm thinking judas priests logo or something with nose beers.

That's about it for now. I'll bleed the brakes and install my bars for good tomorrow. Just waiting on parts. And after school I'll start prepping everything for paint.

kick *** suspension idea and set up being ordered tomorrow.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:23 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

Who the hell hacks Satan!? Is there no decency in this world left!

Originally Posted by LTLOTW
So my computer got hacked....

Old 05-30-2017, 11:07 PM
LTLOTW
Advanced

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Who the hell hacks Satan!? Is there no decency in this world left!
someone after my damn money ! Little do they know I don't have any haha

Old 05-31-2017, 02:02 AM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 250 Likes on 159 Posts

Cool thread so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how your bike turns out.

Quick Reply: Satans Dyna Fxrt Build