Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's in your tool bag?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:12 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 370 Likes on 146 Posts
Default What's in your tool bag?

Getting ready for my first long ride. Will be gone for about 4 days. So far my bike has been perfect, not a miss or fart at all. But better safe then sorry so I plan on throwing some tools in just in case. I know all the obivious stuff but is there anything unusual you have found that has come in handy for roadside repairs. Any input would help. Thanks.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Hound Dog 1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What's in your tool bag?

I have a WindZone tool kit I've been very happy with for someyears now.

http://www.beza.biz/windzone/catalog/ek1hd

Amongst other things it has several items I initially thought I'd not need that have come in handy. Sadly, when I went from carb to fuel injected engines, I learned the value of the included siphon (and several very patient brother riders). It also comes with a small flashlight. That also has come in handy (a pen light will work).

Old 06-20-2007, 12:00 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Nothing is in it now. Usualy a drying clothe is in there to dry the bike from wet mornings to washig bike on the road. Used to have a allen wrench to remove my home made gps mount, which happened to be the same size for the pegs and some other bolts.. I never bring a tool kit though. Space becomes too valuable when I go on long trips. And the chance of me having the right tool for a repair needed is slim to none. So I bring a cell phone and rely on what is around me. There are a lot of tool stores and part stores out there.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:04 PM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Hound Dog 1

Amongst other things it has several items I initially thought I'd not need that have come in handy. Sadly, when I went from carb to fuel injected engines, I learned the value of the included siphon (and several very patient brother riders). It also comes with a small flashlight. That also has come in handy (a pen light will work).
ditto. I've never needed mine, but I have gotten two friends home with it. Costs about the same as the HD kit and you get twice as many items. They not Snap-On, but I don't think it matters which manufacturer's tool you are using when you are on the side of the road.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:09 PM
hounddog
Tourer

ya i gotsa plug wrench, allen set, flash light, tire gauge, bungee cords (2), and a lighter!!! thats all i can remember.........[>:]

Old 06-20-2007, 02:31 PM
BurgerTx
Cruiser

Hound Dog,

What kind of tool bag do you mount this tool kit in?

Thanks,
Steve

Old 06-20-2007, 03:28 PM
sws1
Cruiser

I just bought this tool kit for $59.95 (Free shipping) on Ebay. Now the question is: where to mount it? Will it fit in a fork bag?

Old 06-20-2007, 04:02 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Plug wrench, allen set, a few torx bits, 9/16-1/2 combo wrench, Phillips head screw driver, small mag light, Small crescent wrench, sockets from 1/2-5/8. Should be about all you need. Not much more you can do on the side of the road anyway that would need more than this. Hell you can damn near change your cams with these tools.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:08 PM
hounddog
Tourer

i scored my fork bag at a rally for like 20-30 bucks its worked real nice. i will suggest mounting it down between the front frame down tubes. i had it on the forks and it totally F'd up my lower tree, fender, and the fork tubes. dirt, sand and what ever else got in between there and really made things ugly took alot of fine sanding and polish compond to get the lower tree lookin OK not 100% theres still sum deep pits and stuff. but i would definatly consider this. it also clouded the clear on the front fender from it contacting it during hard brakin. hope this saves someone the grief i had to deal with!!!

Old 06-20-2007, 04:12 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thrillseeker

ditto. I've never needed mine, but I have gotten two friends home with it. Costs about the same as the HD kit and you get twice as many items. They not Snap-On, but I don't think it matters which manufacturer's tool you are using when you are on the side of the road.
Ditto x 2.
Ikeep mine in the saddlebag. Just had to use it last weekon myfather-in-laws bike.Wewent for a ride and his battery connection came loose, when he went to start it up after a stopthe bikewouldn't start. Easy fix if you have the tools.

Quick Reply: What's in your tool bag?