Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for answers

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 04:25 PM
Cricket74
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for answers

Good afternoon, I am interested in learning more about harleys and the issues that arise or troubleshooting to maintain our bikes. My husband is the machanicand I search for answers to alot of the problems that arise. For example my husband just fixed a 2006 Street Bob rear rim and tire that the bolts came out of while our friend was riding it he replaced the rim and the rotor in order to get it back on the road we have come acrossed an issue that I am searching for an answer the rotor is now turning gold in color and I'm looking to see what would cause this to happen if you have any remarked comments or answers to this question that could be helpful to us we would be grateful. So please feel free to respond to these questions I do ask that only the the responses are related to the situation and we do encourage that if you have any questions about your rides we will help you in any way we can thank you

Old 05-16-2018, 09:35 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 246 Likes on 193 Posts

A rotor turning gold or any other colour is usually a sign of heat....something like the brake calliper sticking....

Old 05-16-2018, 09:50 PM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

Jack up the rear wheel B4 you take it for a ride-in neutral does it roll through pretty EZ?
Now do it fter the ride.
If one of the answers is "Its rather hard to spin the tire" you probably have a hanging brake .
From here it is hard to say why.
Loosen the blender briefly see if that helps.

Old 05-17-2018, 07:49 AM
Cricket74
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your responses, we are looking at the tire and it seems that the brake is catching so we have to replace the brakes and the spacers that could be to thick. We are hoping for an easy fix and if that's not it then we will have to replace the rotor.
i do have another requedt, does anyone out there have a flame shifter linkage that could fit a 1980 shovel head? I have been looking for one that will work for Sanity, it's got yo be chrome. If anyone does I'd apoappreci the information and if the price is right, I will purchase it.
Again thanks for helping, I'm glad to know that I can now get answers through those who have experienced the same issues.