Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cut fender struts on frame

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 10:23 PM
dynamedic
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Bob
I would cut the radius away both sides and square up the joints and weld prep

Use your fender as a template and start fitting the strut extensions

TIG tac / check fit again / weld and clean up the welds

I would probably quote 3 hrs. Shop rate varies from shop to shop and what part of the country. You may need to shop because some shops will not want to take it on.

I would think you could expect $300 - $350...If I had to fab extensions add another 2 to 3 hrs.

Just remember the cheapest is not always the best. Talk to the shop and make sure they understand exactly what you want \ expect. See if they understand and are confident they can do the job properly

I would not even consider replacing more than just the struts. Chopping the frame? Please don't.
thats about what I was thinking it would cost, that’s the route I’ll end up going probably. And I will not be cutting any more off the frame lol.

ill source a wrecked frame and see if the seller will chop em off. Thanks!!

Old 05-19-2019, 03:08 PM
**Maitre**
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

my name is Matthias, from Germany. Maybe I´m in the wrong section here: I drive an HD Softail Fatboy from 2007 - the one with the 6 gear. The previous owner cut of the inner fender struts - but I want to replace them and already found one welter in Germany who is specialized on welting frames and do custom bikes. My big problem is, that I have already searching for weeks - really for weeks - to find any way to buy the cut off used struts - but not succesfull. Is there anybody here in the states who can help me? Find someone who have the cut off struts on stock and can ship to Germany? (of course will pay for all). Or do you have any succestion to buy a frame from accident where I can someone cut off the tail with the struts and ship to Germany? ANY help is highly appreciated. And, sorry if my typing may be wrong. Million thanks to the US rides in advance, Matthias

Old 05-20-2019, 11:50 AM
checkster2000
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

You could try the rocket Bob's rear fender kit. I believe that is designed for 2 up without the struts.

https://shop.rocketbobs.biz/collecti...ant=2635066819